Sign in to follow this  
kazjam

Advice re dla claim

I have just been notified that my son qualifies for the lowest rate of dla - for the care component.

Does anyone know if I will , as a result, therefore be entitled to any increase in my child tax credit payments. I have tried to call the advice line for 2 days now with no answer.

Thanks

I have just been notified that my son qualifies for the lowest rate of dla - for the care component.

Does anyone know if I will , as a result, therefore be entitled to any increase in my child tax credit payments. I have tried to call the advice line for 2 days now with no answer.

Thanks

It is the bank holiday so possibly why you havent been able to get throw. also now the lines are open it will have a back log of other requests, I would continue to try the advice line, or ring DLA, you could also contact the National Autistic Society to discuss your sons award, and any childtax credits.

JsMumx

If my memory serves my right, yes you will qualify for an additional (up to,dependant on circumstances) £52 a week child tax credit, For children on the higher rate DLA it is a higher rate.

If you go onto the Tax credit site, there is a tax credit calculator that might help you.

Edited by chris54

If my memory serves my right, yes you will qualify for an additional (up to,dependant on circumstances) £52 a week child tax credit, For children on the higher rate DLA it is a higher rate.

If you go onto the Tax credit site, there is a tax credit calculator that might help you.

Thanks...this is what I was thinking. I will keep trying their help line!