Sign in to follow this  
tigerlilly08

Hello My name is Claire and I am a newbie to the site. I am here to get support/advice when needed for my son he is 8yrs old and we are in the process of having ASD confirmed. I have two other children both girls aged 1 and 13yrs they are NT. We have been trying to get a diagnosis for my son for some years now. For the last two years he has been Statemented and has support 75% of his day at mainstream school. He has also been attending Speech and Language theraphy which is helping. He went to CAMH's for an assessment 2 yrs ago but was not showing enough traits for them to look into things further and they advised we wait and see because of his age they said it may just of been immaturity. Two years on and things have got worse for him so CAHMs are now looking into a definative Diagnosis for him. They are collating all the info they need along with meeting with school and all the other people involved with his case. From the info they have so far they believe he is ASD but will not confirm this until all there info is look into. I was at a meeting with them today so am feeling a little emotional. Looks as if its going to be around April next year by the time everything is arrange. Anyway just wanted to say hi going to be nice to get to know you all. Thank you in advance for reading this far not sure if it all makes sense lol xx :rolleyes:

Hi tigerlilly08 and welcome to the forum. I'm new here myself and was only diagnosed a week ago so I'm in the process of trying to learn as much as possible from here and elsewhere.

Your post does make sense. ;)

Hi Tigerlily, :)

Welcome to the forum - you'll find many parents here will understand your feelings about your son's potential diagnosis.

K x

Hi Tigerlily and Welcome to the Forum. :)

I have Ben who is 12 and has AS.

He obtained the AS diagnosis after three years of debate just over a year ago.Karen.

>:D<<'> Hi Tigerlilly

Welcome to the group >:D<<'> This is a great group,lots of great advice and fantastic if you just want to have a moan :thumbs:

I have four boys,my son Sam aged 7 has ASD/Aspergers, diagnosed last year and Dan age 4 has ASD (most likely HFA)diagnosed a month ago.

Hi Tigerlilly, love the name by the way, but will say hi claire too as you have formally introduced yourself, I too undestand the struggle of a diagnosis, my son went throw a local authority social and communication panel in 2008 and said he has feature of ASD then assessed again at his residential school as definatly on the Autistic Spectrum Disorder, its taken years to get his ASD needs met, and were too going throw CAMHS again for reassessment for medication and overall health because there are serious concerns over his development, it takes a lot of stregnth to get to final stage of a diagnosis but in the meantime just ensure the school/health/local authority meet his needs.

I wish you the very best on your journey of diagnosis(sometimes written dx here)

A very warm welcome.

JsMumx