Sign in to follow this  
Tally

DLA Question

My DLA expired on 20th August.

I reapplied, but I did not get the form in very quickly. I expected there would be a period where I would not receive payments because I took so long. They sent me a letter saying they received my renewal on 19th July. I have heard nothing since this letter.

I received a payment on 21st August. I expected it was my payment for up until 20th August only.

I have also received a payment on 21st September, the same amount that I have always been getting.

So do you think they have renewed it at the same rate as before and just forgotten to tell me? Or have they made a mistake? Should I phone someone? I am worried they are going to demand all the money back or something!

At the end of the day, in legal terms it is up to you to report any 'overpayments' like what might have happened here. Otherwise the DLA has been reapproved and the letter has been lost in the post.

Hi Tally :)

I got my renewal letter for DS last week - his claim runs out in January. It said very clearly that if I don't get the renewal form in 'straight away' they may not have time to deal with our claim, and the payments will stop in January.

I think it's unlikely that they have turned your renewal claim around that quickly, as they are asking for 3 months to do ours. I would give them a call, as if it is a mistake on their part, you will probably still end up having to pay it back.

Better to find out now than have to pay a huge amount back later.

Hope that helps

Nicky >:D<<'>

Yes, they said the same to me about returning my form straight away :rolleyes:

I think I will give them a ring if my brain does not explode what with everything else I have to do this week!

In the mean time I had probably better not spend it.

I would call them up. I think the time depends though, we returned Ls forms in June and got our renewal letter through in July less than a month after we'd sent it in!

Lynne

I know they can be a bit slow about sending letters. I'm going to wait until next week and then phone them if I haven't heard anything by then. I have too much to do this week. I could easily not have noticed the 21st Spetember payment yet as I have not received my bank statement yet. I only noticed by chance because I looked on my internet banking. So I don't think they can complain about me not contacting them soon enough.

Just want to add a big thank you for helping me work out what to do. My parents are on holiday at the moment and they often help me work out what to do about this kind of thing. I've felt a bit alone with things while they've been away and it's really helpful to have other people's input on things like this.

I have finally got around to phoning them today.

My DLA has been renewed at the same rates as before, which I feel is the correct decision.

They think they wrote to me in September to tell me this, but I have not received this letter, so they are going to send me another copy. I did not think to ask how long for. Last time was for 2 years, so hopefully it will be another 2 years. I will find out when I get the letter anyway.

It's a very big relief!

I'm wondering if the letter went to number 9 by mistake (I live at number 6) as these are the people who have recently started laughing at me every time I leave the house.