Sign in to follow this  
LS2242

Dislikes medicine

Any ideas how to get my 9yr old to have paracetomol. He absolutely hates medicine, the taste and smell makes him vomit straight away. He has suspected tonsillitis again. Last time he was like this he ended up in hospital for 5 days on a drip. I really don't want this to happen again, but I just can't get him to take the paracetomol. He is not allowed other pain relief due to his asthma. Taking him to go tomorrow but any ideas in the mean time

hi...My DD has always been the same...would rather suffer than take liquid medicines of any kind and has luckily never needed an antibiotic. She will now reluctantly swallow tablet /capsule form now she is older, but when she was younger, I used to buy 'disprol' soluble paracetamol tablets and dissolve them in a carton of ribena! couldn't get away with dissolving it in a glass as she would see the bits and refuse to take it but hiding it in a carton worked a treat!! devious but effective!!! Good luck.

Beverley. Cheshire. :lol:

He won't eat anything not even ice cream and now refusing drinks also. Dr will just says liquid and paracetomol. If he needs antibiotic then i dont know how on earth i am hoing to get this down him. Easier said than done. I feel déjà vu coming. Luckily dr open soon but even that is a struggle as he feels so rubbish he won't get out of bed let alone dressed and will def not go out the house on pj s