Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Concerned over Glen

Hi all, I think I'm relieved that the funding has been agreed for Glen's assessment especially when you get times like these when at the moment Glen's behaviour has deteriorated again. He has had a cold recently, and seems to take ages to get over things. He looks so miserable and is hitting himself much more and has been over the last 2 or 3 weeks. It is just so sad seeing him look so unhappy. :tearful:

Hi Jeanne. I am sure i would be relieved to! They may find ways to break his patterns of behaviour .

Edited by lisac

Thanks Lisa I do hope they can help Glen. I try my best but nothing seems to work!

I know I've mentioned this before Jeanne, but I'd try vitamin D3 if you aren't already doing so. Taking a long time to recover from colds and infections is often an indicator of vitamin D deficiency. I hope things get better for you both.

cb

Thanks Coolblue, I have got some medications in the cupboard with vitamin D on them are they ok to use? Glen is even more aggressive this morning. I've had to keep him at home again. I am so worried about him.

Depends what medications they are.

The immune system needs a certain amount of vitamin D in order to work properly. Vitamin D also helps us metabolise calcium which is really important for muscles and nerves to work properly. We normally make vitamin D in our skin when we are exposed to sunlight. I know you've said that Glenn took a long time to get better from infections last winter. Because he wants to stay indoors with the curtains drawn, I'm guessing he doesn't get a lot of sunlight, so he might be low on Vitamin D.

You can buy vitamin D3 on its own in the form of tiny tablets from health food shops. It's also in cod liver oil, but you need to stick to the recommended dose for that because it also contains vitamin A and too much vitamin A can be harmful.

Hope this helps.

cb

Thanks coolblue I have a bottle of cod liver oil in the cupboard I will give some to Glen :)

You're welcome. It could be about a month before it makes a difference, so stick with it if you can. But you're used to that! :)

Good luck.

cb

I have given some cod liver oil to Glen this afternoon.

If he is not getting much sunlight, it maybe he could also be suffering Seasonal Affective Disorder, Ive been researching Light Therapy for a while now and intend to invest in some light therapy, you can mount the light screens onto the wall, so put in a place where he is likely to sit for a moment could help him.

Anyway suggesting it here for others to look but pming you a link into Light Therapy, If Im allowed I can add it on the forum too.

JsMumx

Hi just to let you all know, Glen is a bit better than he was, he hasn't been as aggressive this weekend and I've managed to get him to his Saturday club which I'm really pleased for myself for being able to do. Tomorrow I am hoping he will go to School, at least the taxi picks him up so fingers crossed all goes ok and that he doesn't hit out at anyone, wish me luck ;) !

Glen has gone to School on the taxi, what an anxious morning its been so far, just hope he gets through the day and I don't get any calls from School! Glen didn't hit himself once before he went which was amazing!

Glen has gone to School on the taxi, what an anxious morning its been so far, just hope he gets through the day and I don't get any calls from School! Glen didn't hit himself once before he went which was amazing!

Hope he had a good day. >:D<<'>

Karen.

Glen didn't get on too bad, there were a few incidents of hitting but I was told he did have quite a good day at School, so one day done 4 to go. :D