Sign in to follow this  
Enid

DS3 diagnosed today

Hi, put his assessment off twice, but went today, they told me there and then, after a 2 hour assessment he would/does fit the profile for aspergers, even tho I knew it was still a shock an def wasnt expecting it today. hes 8, here we go again, eyes down for number 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Enid

>:D<<'>

Take time to digest the news - hope that getting the dx sooner rather than later will be a positive thing as well.

K x

I don't think i want my son to not be ASD. He is who he is, for me to want him to be something else,would mean i would have a different son. He see's the world differently and says what he thinks even if its not appropriate. He is amazing. Basically I am trying to say that no matter what a doctor says he is,he is still your unique and lovely baby even aged 8. I think its time that people with autism are treated positively and stop the fear and worry that for a child to be on the spectrum,that it is something to sad about. This is in this modern age of wanting children to be born as perfect looking and behaving human beings, rather than unique individuals to be valued.When they don't fit that criterial they are regarded as something less worthy something tobe ashamed of or cast aside. I don't mean to upset anyone but i am getting fed up with hearing,Oh no he/she has a ASD/Aspergers diagnosis. Whatever your child/person is they are unique and valuable human beings.This is the attitude i am passing on to my son,because i don't want him growing up feeling depressed because he has felt no value.I want him to feel self condfident and proud of all he achieves,the same pride we have for his older siblings.

Edited by sesley

Oh No Enid, sorry to read this, havin to go throw similair issues can be very worrying but you have travelled this road before so hopefully it will give you some hindsight, and the risks of siblings having ASD are higher if they have a sibling with an ASD already, hopefully with the early diagnosis you can get in place a statement, DLA and maybe this might be another reason for a reassessment for a core assessment to look at respite care now that you have 2 on the spectrum, it sure is a shock to the system but it is positive you have got the diagnosis early on.

JsMumx

Thanks all.

he is only a tiny thing, wears clothes for a 4 yr old. school have no problems with him, so far, and he is a darling at home, so for now, I am just going to "park" his diagnosis. xx

Thanks all.

he is only a tiny thing, wears clothes for a 4 yr old. school have no problems with him, so far, and he is a darling at home, so for now, I am just going to "park" his diagnosis. xx

:clap: I like that!

Seriously though, thinking of you >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lizzie x

(Am in a similar situation with my recently diagnosed 8-year-old, although he's a big huge thing)

Pleased you got the diagnosis and good luck with finding the help and support you need.