Sign in to follow this  
sesley

fireworks

last time we got him to Bught Park he was 4 and hated them. :crying: every year it was no everytime i asked if he wanted to go,this year,he said i will think about it,today he said yes i want to go. :thumbs: and he thoroughly enjoyed the display he even said. Warning this display contains flashing images :lol: so now we can enjoy future displays :star:

Edited by sesley

Thats great news Selsy, im going to my 1st firework display in over 15 years tomorrow.

Warning this display contains flashing images :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's good. :)

It's very noisy where I live with all the fireworks tonight - def. a night for ear-plugs. I'm going to a display tomorrow night but it's one choreographed to music so never very 'bangy' so I always enjoy it.

Great news. I think a lot of 4-year-olds are frightened of them. Glad your son enjoyed them this time though :)

I LOVE fireworks! I am going to a big display with my parents tomorrow night. The fireworks are so big you can actually feel them explode!

My ex and our neighbour used to have a bit of a competition as to who could have the biggest firework display. One year we had a slight panic when nextdoor's 2-year-old went missing while there were fireworks going off, but I found him in my kitchen, stroking the box set of fireworks that my husband had been boasting about all evening :lol:

Edited by Tally

For several years we went to a big fireworks display at a private house where the kids were allowed to watch from inside through massive windows. That and a thick hood to muffle the bangs made it ok for my girl. Now she's gotten a little more used to the bangs so tonight we're outdoors at a bigger display with her hood up and both our hands over her ears!! We're all really looking forward to it :D.

i could see fireworks from our french doors onto garden just by looking out without going out in the rain and the damp as we live near and close to local park so really pretty colours but don't like watch them outside scares me makes me jump sensory issue too loud hurts my ears!!! i get fearful i'm going to get hurt we had our usual firework meal of jacket potatoe which we have had since we little we used stand with our parents with gloves wolley hats and holds sparklers with bucket of water on stand by to put them in afterwards we had nice warm meal to warm us up when got in from the cold and wet which always is on bonfire night . bonfire night is when my nan and grandad first met eachother and my cousin had baby girl early hours yestoday mornin .... we think my cousin may have undx A.S .... she married also!

XKLX

luckily apart from the display at the park that was all we really heard and saw of fireworks night we had 2 fireworks cwent off couple nights before hand made me and my mum jump as was SO loud ... and unexpected! but we think where we positioned off the road hardly hear any noise sound etc

XKX

Just got home from a FANTASTIC firework display. Very loud :)

There was a family in front of us with a really small baby. The dad was holding the baby and she was arching her back so she could look up at the fireworks with a big grin on her face. When they first arrived the baby was wearing a hat under her hood and the hat had slipped over her face so she couldn't see anything :lol:

My son went with his Dad to our local display and came back whith this amazing whizzy torch thing - the central bulb flashes red and blue alternately and there are 4 little bulbs, red, yellow, green and blue at the end of wires which spin around it, creating a wonderful orbiting light effect. :thumbs:

The fireworks were good too, apparently.

:rolleyes:

K x

We were meant to go to the display tonight but I am heavily dosed on painkillers and antibiotics so thought its best to watch from the garden. Sam and Josh enjoyed it loads but poor Elijah was petrified and was crying and seemed traumatised even an hour after the fireworks had ceased! He eventually fell asleep.

My son went with his Dad to our local display and came back with this amazing whizzy torch thing - the central bulb flashes red and blue alternately and there are 4 little bulbs, red, yellow, green and blue at the end of wires which spin around it, creating a wonderful orbiting light effect. :thumbs:

:hypno: :hypno: They're called helicopters. They had them at the display we went to last night - we were very excited at the end when a seller was shouting 'helicopters now only £2', we could have done with a helicopter to escape the crowds and get home!! :lol:

The display I went to was amazing and the weather was really good for a display. I think though given the amount of toffee on my toffee apple, I should wait a while before booking my check-up at the dentist! :eat1:

Had a great time at ours. Beth really is getting better every year at coping with things - this year there was no hood up and no hands over her ears!! She had a great time with the display plus eating a burger, hot dog, waffle and cream and a bag of sweets (she was big time hungry for some reason), getting thrown off a rodeo bull ride and shooting cork guns at ducks on a shelf. She was confident in the dark with me and talked herself out of getting upset when she kept missing the ducks. I was ever so proud of her. There was a disco too but she said it was too loud and asked if she could sit in the tented area outside. I thought it was excellent that she was able to identify her own solution to her problem. A very successful night - my girl really is growing up :thumbs:.