Gail66

Hi from me! :-D

I just wanted to say hello coz I'm new to all this - my son was only diagnosed about a month ago so still coming to terms with what it all means...

Edited by Gail66

hi

and welcome.

though i thought i had aspergers before i was diagnosed i remember it took me a while to come to terms with the reality of the diagnosis and there are some days i still find it hard.

where are you from?

charlotte

I live near a town called Swadlincote in Derbyshire, what about you?

How old are you Charlotte and how long have you been diagnosed?

In some ways, getting a diagnosis was a relief but it's coming to terms with how it will change all our lives (hopefully mostly for the better ;))

shock to a system sort of bitter sweet hearing the official diagnosis A.S in your ears but also makes you think where do i go next how do i deal with this cope manage day to day? and also getting you're head round all day to day differences of struggles you have to face becomes scary frightening breath taking makes anxious ... feel like whole world truned upside down literally! i was relieved when first heard then sent me into deep dark place fog confusion lost ... depression ... i feel so alone and out in the cold even though i was VERY LUCKY to have supportive and understanding parents/family behind me .... but was overwhelming suffocating feeling of dread makes you feel jittery sick butteries in your stomach and Soon realise that this is your life for keeps and you have a sense of NO control .... that hard to take at times .... i would read up on books about A.S this helped me understand alot more about the condition do your own research more knowledge you have behind you the more power you have of acceptance and understand of your own sense of identity .... always feel like chasing for missing part of jigsaw all time wears you down makes mentally /emotionally tired having to work out so much that mystery! i still havn't ACCEPTED as yet don't know if i ever will fully! as so much to accept as part of it and you mixes all in one hard to work out which one it is!

XKLX

hi

i am 30 and was diagnosed aged 25. i am from east sussex but living in essex for university. my diagnosis has made a massive difference to my life and i would not change having being made aware of it. the knowledge has made a significant benefit to my life and i never thought i would be where i am now, i just have to be carful who i tell i have learnt.

Hi Gail66

My son who is 6 has AS, and I'm not far from you. I live in Measham.

If you want any help, advice or want to chat please contact me via this forum.

Edited by bodie37

How have they used this to bully you Charlotte?

I'm only asking so that I can understand more ;)

Edited by Gail66