Sign in to follow this  
Reaper94

Hiya

So I registered ages ago before I was officially diagnosed, to ask whether you guys thought based on my "symptoms" if I had AS or not. Took ages to get my account verified and forgot about this website, but found a confirmation email and figured I'll start posting.

Anyway.

Some about me.

My name is shane and Im 16 (nearly 17) years old. Ever since I was a small child, I was very differant from everyone else, but I assume my parents put it down to me just being odd, not thinking anything about a history of autism in the family (all of my mums cousins children have autism). Anyway, nothing very eventful until my early teens when I got huge depression and paranoia as a result of bullying from school (the paranoia I still suffer with) the school refered me to a Child and Adolescent Psycologist to try and help wityh the depression, after 4 years he said how I am is similar to people with AS (I think his exact words were, "I'm not trying to diagnose you with Aspergers, but you seem to exhibit many of the traits"). He offered to get a Psyciatrist to diagnose me which I accepted, and after a while I was diagnosed.

I must ask as well, do people with aspergers generally all have "weird accents" to "normal people"? Because in school everyone would take the **** out of me because of mine (Kind of like a slur from as far as I gathered when people were imitating me)

Anyway, anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :)

Some people with Asperger's do speak with a different accent to their parents. The most common one seems to be when people speak with a very precise BBC/posh accent. But speaking with a bit of a slur is not quite the same thing as an accent.

A lot of people with Asperger's have difficulties with physical co-ordination. For some people this means they have difficulties with things like catching a ball, writing or using a knife and fork. It can affect speech. It's worth asking for some help with this. A speech therapist might be able to help you get yor speech clearer.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :)

Some people with Asperger's do speak with a different accent to their parents. The most common one seems to be when people speak with a very precise BBC/posh accent. But speaking with a bit of a slur is not quite the same thing as an accent.

A lot of people with Asperger's have difficulties with physical co-ordination. For some people this means they have difficulties with things like catching a ball, writing or using a knife and fork. It can affect speech. It's worth asking for some help with this. A speech therapist might be able to help you get yor speech clearer.

I see, apparantly if I Shane it sounds like Shoine (like Coin) or, Like sounds like Loike (with Oi for Coin again), amongst other things.

Is this likely due to my AS or a seperate issue?

that how my A.S was uncovered by 'accident' wasn't looking for anything though knew and so did my family suspect alot more was going on 'hidden in background' behind closed doors but more MH issues situations increased in early puberty started affect me badly negative impact on my life withdrawning socially just getting so 'mixed up' lost and confused trapped within myself .... so hard such struggle /fight to work out what real reason what going on so foggy cloudy i went docs with MH probs depression/self harm , social anxiety and was then passed onto ( referred) to general counsellor she then noticed unanswered questions which where 'mystery' when looked deeper she said needed someone else trained specially and professionally to look further so i would have see developmental team ( complex difficulties clinic) the clnical pyschologist and learning difficulties nurse asked me and my mum questions and knew there and then without the actual assessment part by what we had said and things started adding up becoming clearer to why none of anything made sense for so long years school bullying feeling odd weird strange a light came on .... scary to though feels like you have 'double life' and double identity .... situations thoughts feelings so hard to explain especially when you add MH issues to that list!!! everything gets more tricky complicated worse common for people see MH before A.S is assessed and diagnosed though! i know how you feel been there!!!

XKLX

i also suffer from paranoia alot makes feel proper crazy mad .... annoys me alot!!! get so convinced so believe it!!! makes things in your head so 'true' as added with lots anxiety all time .... social anx all this builds up and get paranoia bad! i was also bullied at school another common situation of A.S had such massive impact even years after trying to build that low collapsed self esteem back up again such hard difficult challenge to achieve when so many people have stood on it crushed it without having 'hidden difficulties' being isolated and told you weird odd strange and feeling it yourself feeling not wanted not needed pushed out from world on outside hard thing to know when your child you put blame to you and that it's all your fault you were bad,lazy,stupid, naughty, all teachers and children call you this or act on it behaviours shown towards you makes you feel rejected failure .... like don't belong anywhere don't 'fit in' makes hate yourself and your life even more!! people just don't realise the damage and effect this can leave is shocking deverstating aftermath reality of you'll never get back what you have lost completely try work on saving what left after what they 'took away' robbed you off - happy moments praise positive feedback something every child needs and wants craves for in our cases as want to know we doing good ... reassurance,guidance ,support when this lacking forgotten can leave missing gap which never be 'filled' which sad upsetting how someone how right to do this so someone else when they have 'no sense of direction or control over their lives or who they are .... feel like have to 'hide' be 'someone else' feel nothing you ever did matched up to others or was correct right leaves feel deflatted ...

XKX

Hello Shane and welcome to the network.

I’ve been bullied at work ( a busy office) too that caused my depression and the job loss. Soon after I found a domestic job, met some wonderful people and restored my confidence. I thought that I was ready for a new challenge and applied for a job in the office in the same company. Guess what ? In a couple of days I developed a horrible unmanageable paranoia. I felt very depressed and frighten, sick, my blood pressure rocketed and I had panic attacks. No way I could do that job feeling like this. I asked my employer to transfer me back to the domestic team.

Tanya

:)

Welcome mate and tanya i know where your coming from, i was bullied my whole life in primary and secondary school, then again i wouldn't be near as strong as i am now without that happening...