mariek

Merry Xmas DLA awarded!!

Hooray!! Just found out we've been awarded DLA. Low mobility and high care, on the first time of asking!! And they're back dating it to 10th sept. That's £1000 in the bank before xmas. I'm so relieved, it's fixed till march 2013. This year has been so bad, next year is looking a lot better already. Plus had a meeting with my son's SENCO yesterday after his suspension for hugging the head teacher and she's on board for getting him assessed for a statement etc. It's so nice to know i'm not going to have to fight the school all the way!!

That is really good news that you have received DLA. The lump sum will be a real bonus for you!

If you are recieving high rate care, you may be entitled to Carers Allowance, depending on your own income.

It's very good news that you have the school on-side to assess for a statement.

Great news about DLA and good luck for the statement process too, very pleased for you

Congratulations for getting your money awarded. Hang on suspended for hugging a teacher? That sounds strange.

Merry Christmas indeed! :dance:

If you do qualify for Carer's allowance, apply for it as soon as possible as there's a limit to how far they can backdate it to. The application process is easier than it is for DLA.

K x