Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

good samartian today

i had work this morning for an hour ( 10.30am-11.30am) then went to gym had session for about two and half hours then finished was going to either get lift with gym buddy or get the bus back to work in afternoon but decided to walk back to work at about 3.15pm elderly lady was walking up into town up slight hill and i was walking down i saw her trip over catch her foot and fall hard on pavement i saw her bang her head on way down! she was unsteady unbalanced on her feet she was shaken up as she got on all floors i asked 'stupidly' if she was o.k oviously not!!!

she was bleeding above her eye on her head and was dripping down her face quite alot she dabbing it with a handchief she had on her and it was soaked covered in blood was red i managed to get her up on some steps with her handbag and shopping bag and her glasses one sides was bent i told her to sit on steps while i go get help i ran to car show room nearby get a young lad i gestured from outside door to come with my hand quick i mouthed 'help me' but way he responded reacted i could instantly tell he had SEN too probably A.S/A.S.D too!!! it all happened so quick in split second! but her falling was like in slow motion! his dad though looked like his grandad so could have been came back with me and the lad me and grandad picked up elderly lady off the steps help one arm each to help her walk i took her handbag and shopping bag into the show room office where the grandad told lady take a seat she had blood down her coat etc where dripping alot fast!

he got out first aid kit with bandages in and wiped her eye gently she kept saying to me 'sorry for being a nuisance , trouble' like all they all do apologise for no reason! accdients happen the grandad said because she said her doctors wouldn't be open she didn't think and she had a gash above her eye on head and a massive bump /bruise like golf ball on her head so he said best to get checked out at hospital A& E she said i could call for taxi go home but man asked 'do you live alone' the lady replied yes so he said you can't go home in that state best to get checked out just incase he said he'd close showroom and drive lady to the hospital!!! i asked if it was o.k to leave be on my way and man said yer that fine! but shook me up too i questioned whether i reacted appropriately' to emergency! whether should have called an ambulance straight away instead calling for help leaving her alone get help? what if she'd walked away? my adrelaine was pumping alot afterwards my head 'flooded' with thoughts!

but pleased that i did 'something' positive to situation made 'small difference' and didn't just walk past leave her on her own alone scared hurt .... i didn't stay long enough to get her name as had to get to work was anxious about getting back on time as was walking back! how mad is that thinking that when lady hurt! selfish i know! bad! feel guilty! so couldn't ring up hospital to get any info news on how she doing what happened.... so going to pop in car show room tomorrow see if man has any news about her! i used problem solving skills anyways! and fate that didn't do other two options available to get to work!

XKLX

i went into car show room and ask man about how he got up A & E hosp with her yestoday he said they checked her over because of her age they said she was fine but because the man wasn't a relative and lives alone they had get amabulance people take her home and settle her back in! so glad i found she ok thought apart from bad bruise on her head!

XKX