Sign in to follow this  
KezT

FINALLY!

For those of you who have been following the long winded saga...

Today I got a phone call from annoying SEN woman at the LEA saying they would not be defending our appeal for a Statement, and therefore would be issuing one immediately. She also confirmed that DS has been given a place at our first choice secondary school :thumbs:

I'm guessing the draft statement will just be the Note in Leiu? But we'll wait and see :rolleyes:

I also got a response from the Local Government Ombudsman - I had sent in a complaint that the council was actively discriminating against disabled people by automatically refusing all parental requests for statements and waiting to see how many bothered/were able to take it to appeal tribunal. I said that this was discrimination as it was less likely for (certain types of) disabled parents to complete an appeal than for the non-disabled ones. The Ombudsman said they could not investigate the case beause I had sucessfully appealed. They needed someone who was unable to appeal to complain :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Because OBVIOUSLY parents unable to make a formal appeal would be just hunky dory at finding out about and writing to the LG Ombudsman with all the details and paperwork required :angry:

So good news for me personally, but no liklihood of change for the future :angry:

I have also sucussfully got the Cereba S&LT voucher, and DS has his first asessment appointment in half term - at £180 fr the assessment and £65 per session, the £500 won't go very far though. Might have to get it written into the Statement :lol:

If they are conceding the appeal that surely means they have agreed to issue a Statement? A Note in Lieu is not a statement, or even a draft statement.

Well done, anyway! :thumbs:

K x

If they are conceding the appeal that surely means they have agreed to issue a Statement? A Note in Lieu is not a statement, or even a draft statement.

Well done, anyway! :thumbs:

K x

sory, I didn't make myself clear (not unusual for me) - They have conceeded the appeal and will issue a Statement - I was assuming the Statement they issue will just be a re-hash of the NiL which we already have.

I guess the statutory timescales suddenly pop back into existance as of today - so they have to issue the draft statement within 6(?) weeks *wanders off to recheck ISEA website*

Make sure you use anything you can from the SALT input you are getting. You will get a proposed Statement. You may well find yourself appealing parts 2 and 3 of the Statement when the LEA finalise the Statement. But I think you've got the hang of it by now :ninja:

We now have DS's Proposed Statement, Kez will post more on it later I am sure. But at first glance it does seem somewhat lacking in detail and substance.

I've read through it a few times now and to be honest it's pretty shoddily written, full of weasel words and no defined support details. Lot's of shoulds and if required, few will and must

We'll have to go through it properly this weekend and annotate it with what it should say then send it back for major corrections

of course we could have guessed we would receive it the Fiday before a 10 day school break with 15 days to respond, gonna be tight to get the schools feedback, but we will persevere