Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

want to do start doing cancer charity runs

i am hoping to crazy hats at local park ( wicksteed) nearby to were i live this is 5 times around the park entry fee is £5.00 via cheque this is sponsership to walk or run it is 5 miles long. it takes place on sunday 27th March 10.30am.

i also want to do another cancer walk on sunday 19th june 10.00am i want to do the 10 k one if i can havn't decided if i want to do 5k which at 2pm.

determined to do more as alot of my family has been affected touched by different types of cancer my grandad died 55 years old of liver cancer my great auntie had breast cancer has both breasts off and had fake ones can't remember the physical name sorry! close family friend died of cancer

XKLX

I've just done a 10k run today, in the rain. It did feel like an achievement. My time was 1 hr and 11 minutes, not very fast, I was nearly last over the line. I did one in November last year and did better at that one than today's one, which I finished it in 1 hr and 6 minutes. I think the difference is because today had hills and I had to walk. I had to go to bed when I came back today. The one in November I ended up injured and had to walk with a walking stick for a while to keep the weight off my hip. I wasn't injured this time :thumbs:

I have booked on '8' 10k runs, so running for every year I have been in isolation, so running these for quite personal reasons. I hope this will be the last year though of being in isolation. I have paid for them so that I know I have to go and try them, but I am happy to just finish and get a medal for finishing. My challenge is to finish :first:

6 more to do. Next one is next week!

Edited by DameBeverage

I did my 10k run/walk, at the weekend did better in the time this time (19 seconds less) . I wish I could do them for charity, but don't really know how to set that up. I get a sense of achievement, but would love to do it for charity so it leads towards more than my own achievement. Don't know anyone though to get sponsers.

Go for it smiley. I think your cause is a very good one too. Good luck.

I did my 10k run/walk, at the weekend did better in the time this time (19 seconds less) . I wish I could do them for charity, but don't really know how to set that up. I get a sense of achievement, but would love to do it for charity so it leads towards more than my own achievement. Don't know anyone though to get sponsers.

Go for it smiley. I think your cause is a very good one too. Good luck.

Even if you knew lots of people, you'd always have trouble getting people to sponsor you repeatedly. Some charity runs you pay an entrance fee that makes a small donation to the charity. Some people do get sponsors on top of that, but you don't have to.

Thanks Tally. I have tried to look to see if some of the runs I have booked and paid for are contributing some of the proceeds to a particular charity, but can't seem to find any information on the sites, but may contact them to find out. I am assuming that ones like the BUPA runs would give proceeds to a particular charity(ies), so I might be contributing, which will be great if so :clap:.