JeanneA

Discharge Date - Glen

Hi, Glen is coming home on the 25th of March. Extra funding was only granted for 3 weeks and not 6 in the end. Glen appeared very depressed last week when I was him and is probably homesick. This week is Glen's 13th week of the assessment, so in total he will have been away for 16 weeks, a long time! Unfortunately Glen has regressed recently, it seems to happen in cycles. He will be having a new medication tomorrow to see if this helps to lift his depression. Decisions will have to be made as to what happens next. After a meeting at Glen's school yesterday it is felt that he wouldn't be able to cope with going back there, which I totally agree with. I have further meetings to come in the next 2 to 3 weeks where hopefully suggestions will be made by all concerned as to what is best for Glen. If it's not education then an alternative has to be pursued.

Hi yes I do hope something will be suitable for Glen, its trying to find out about things that isn't easy :(

Hi no it wasn't Brookside, it was Prudhoe hospital in Northumberland.

It must be a worrying time for you Jeanne. I hope something comes out of the meetings.

>:D<<'>

K x

Hi, just logged on to see how it was going, would you say it had been successful? at least it given you a breathing space. worrying about the furture isnt it, mine is 15 now, was excluded from his one night respite as they couldnt cope, so cant see how a residential setting could? but will need some help when he`s left school! keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Enid xx

Hi Enid sorry to hear about your son. I'm not sure whether I can say if the assessment has been successful or not. It seemed to be for a while as everything was going really well, Glen was responding to what was being asked of him, then suddenly it all changed. That's how it goes with Glen though, it doesn't seem to matter where he is, these aggressive outbursts do come in cycles. I don't know what the future will hold I really don't. I have the social worker and a lady from connexions coming to see me on Thursday so we'll have to see how that goes.