Sign in to follow this  
Tally

My Weekend

My 8-year-old cousin has been to stay this weekend. My 11-year-old cousin has visited 3 times now, but this is the first time her younger sister has been to stay.

I was a little concerned about how I would manage. Things have gone very well with the older girl, but I was a little worried about how much more work Bea would be simply because she is younger and less independent. Anyway, I'm very pleased to say that we both had a really nice time and it was a complete success.

They are both really lovely girls, but have such very different personalities. They don't live that close-by and I lived so far away until 18 months ago and have missed out on a lot. It's really lovely to get the opportunity to get to know them properly now.

We made cross-stitch easter bunny finger puppets. Hopefully they will actually last until Easter, though I think the whiskers may fall off :unsure: One of them has asymmetrical ears too :oops:

We also made fat feeders for the birds. And we looked through the binoculars at some pretty goldfinches in my garden, who started visiting on Friday for the first time since last winter.

On Saturday we went to the Science Museum. I thought she'd want to look at space travel and all the things where you can press buttons and stuff, but in stead she chose the history of medicine section!

It's been fun, but now I am tired!

You are such a fab cousin Tally, the girls are so lucky to have you to do all those lovely things with :)

Lynne x

wow Tally, it sounds like you BOTH really enjoyed it, and I do identify with the tired bit, lol :lol:have you got any further dates booked in then, Easter Hols are creeping in, the illistration of your garden and finches brought a facinating image to my mind and could vision you and your little couson peeking throw your bonoculers, sweet.

You sound like the ideal Antie/couson.

Im sure your couson will treature her memories with you this weekend for ever.

JsMumx

I'm hoping to invite the older girl the Royal Wedding/May Day weekend. It would be mental to go into Central London, even on the Saturday I think it will be packed with tourists. But my brother is in a rowing race in Putney and I think it will be OK there. I'm also going to invite her to the Isle of Wight at October half term as I am going anyway.

Hopefully the middle girl can come during the summer holidays, but I haven't got anything specific arranged yet.

I'd also like to take the little one out for the day. She is 6 and I am not well enough to take her for a whole weekend, nor drive there, take her out, and drive home all in one day. So my brother and I are trying to find a day we are both free and he is going to drive us about!

The youngest one was really funny when I went to pick Bea up on Friday. She was asking why I, her cousin, am so much older than her, as her other cousin is a baby. She actually said, "is that the normal order of things?" :lol:

I've got the older two girls into cross-stitching. I don't think trying to teach a 6-year-old cross stitching would be good for anyone though!

I wish my children had an auntie/cousin like you! :) Most of my relatives either live too far away or aren't particularly interested in keeping in contact.

K x