Sign in to follow this  
Josh

Just Diagnosed Adult

Hi Everyone

I have just been diagnosed with Aspergers two days ago. Although I had heard of it, I never knew anything about it until about four months ago when I took a test on Facebook and scored 38 out of 50. I spoke to someone I knew who has experience with autism and after that I went to see my GP.

I feel a bit numb as it has all happened so fast really, but at 44 years old, there is now an explanation for all the experiences I have had in my life.

I am hoping that with the knowledge of my condition, I will be able to accept things better in life and maybe de-stress a little.

Off now to read some other posts - thanks for reading,

Josh

PS If anyone can tell me why it says "Norfolk Broads" under my pic I would be grateful :-)

Edited by Josh

Welcome. Believe me you're one of many Aspies diagnosed as adults. Have a look at this thread for my experience, and that of many others too.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/Index.php?/topic/26196-diagnosis-at-41/page__p__303314__fromsearch__1#entry303314

It's a curse and a blessing at the same time.

Google "Temple Grandin" for a contemporary example of the positive benefits of AS.