Sign in to follow this  
bid

Bad News...

Very, very best for tomorrow :pray:

As for the other part of your post, words fail me. I really, really don't know how people get through something like that. :tearful:

L&P

BD

So terribly sad...the school is really, really tiny so all the children know each other and play together. We had tears yesterday, and then he asked if he could take some flowers as he walks past the growing collection where it happened on the way to school. I've never much liked the idea of these gatherings of flowers, but we did buy some and he wrote a little message and it seems to have helped him :(

On a more positive note, Meg's music teacher rang yesterday to chat about how we could keep up her interest while she is off. He's been teaching her the bass guitar, and she's in a little rock band...he's helping me choose a beginner's bass pack for her birthday!! :band: Once her new hand is up and running, I hope it will be really good therapy and something positive to look forward to...rocky-rocky chick-chick: can't you just see her!! :dance:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

On a more positive note, Meg's music teacher rang yesterday to chat about how we could keep up her interest while she is off. He's been teaching her the bass guitar, and she's in a little rock band...he's helping me choose a beginner's bass pack for her birthday!! :band: Once her new hand is up and running, I hope it will be really good therapy and something positive to look forward to...rocky-rocky chick-chick: can't you just see her!! :dance:

WOW! Bass guitar!! :thumbs::thumbs: She could be a cross between Sting (The Police) and Mark King (Level 42)...

STING KING :whistle:

Tell her to send me a bag full of money when she's sting king rich :D

Talking of guitars, I went to visit a possible school for Ben's sixth form, and in the waiting area there was a glass cabinet full of electric guitars the kids had made in something called 'resistant materials class'... Pity, I don't guess girls get to do 'resistant - materials' they probably have to do cookery or something... :whistle: One of 'em had made a twin neck - obviously intending playing 'stairway to heaven' at some point and thrashing it with a violin bow! 'The Mighty Prog' :lol:

Accherley - tell her to keep orf the sting and the mark king riffs. If she wants real street cred there's only one female bassist that really ranks and it ain't Suzy Quatro:

and here's the lady herself:

(though she's on acoustic on this one)...

Pity, I don't guess girls get to do 'resistant - materials'

Sure they do - they're what Super Nanny works with every week. :lol::whistle:

Sure they do - they're what Super Nanny works with every week. :lol::whistle:

Put 'em on the wooden naughty step - resistant material meets resistant material!

Hehe...Kim Deal!!

Sadly no official vid with this one, but tell her to practise this too!

:D

OK, here we go...

Being admitted this afternoon, surgery tomorrow (hopefully first down to theatre if they follow the latex-free protocol like last time as she has a query latex allergy).

This is the start of Meg getting better after nearly 2 1/2 years...positive vibes for her new hand please! :pray:

Bid :ph34r:

...positive vibes for her new hand please! :pray:

Bid :ph34r:

By the bucket load (if vibes come by the bucket... if not, by whatever measure they do come and lots of 'em)

Very Very best

L&P

BD

I'm sure it will all go well :pray::)

Just remind the play-therapists not to make balloon animals from the latex gloves (can you imagine that in her hospital notes - reaction to cow udder/cockerel head model...) :lol:

Oh and don't forget to pack a permanent marker to write this one / wrong hand, wally on the appropriate hands. :whistle: :whistle:

Well, we're home! :D

Everything went very well...transferred two rather than three tendons. She's in a cast for 4 weeks, then back to hospital for a week of rehab for intensive physio for her new hand.

She's having the next two weeks at home, as she's just in a backslab cast. Then that will be changed for a full cast so we think she should be OK for school. Then a week in rehab and it's practically the summer hols.

She was awesome...so, so proud of her! :wub:

So glad it went well, how brave she is and so are you. Hope it will prove to be a success when all is healed. :)

K x