Sign in to follow this  
baddad

I've got a new gadget...

Ben was watching 'The Gadget Show', and i just happened to walk past the TV as a bit was on where they were 'testing' Animals against Gadgets to see which was better...

One of them was pitched against a trained tracker / attack dog which he had to evade over an obstacle course, or some such. he was reeling off the 'gadgets' he was using to make his escape.

•  
  • A dog biscuit feeder thingy, that the dog would stop to eat from.
  • A ventriloquest speaker thingy that would project sounds in the wrong direction, thus confusing the dog.
  • A tennis ball throwing device that would send to dog running off distracted playing 'fetch'.
  • A dummy with a mask of his face on it so the dog would go after that instead of him.

Even Ben could see the flaws in this numpty's logic, and quickly arrived at the same conclusion as me...

The gadget WE would choose? 12 bore, pump action shot gun. Human's one, dogs nil. Simples...

:D

The gadget WE would choose? 12 bore, pump action shot gun.

Hmm, I'm not sure that fits the true definition of 'gadget' though... :unsure: Unless it was craftily concealed within a walking stick, of course... :whistle:

Hmm, I'm not sure that fits the true definition of 'gadget' though... :unsure:

And a dummy with a mask on is? We used to call them 'Penny for the Guy, Mister's when we were little.

And a dummy with a mask on is?

Ah, you see I assumed that was some gadget invented by Super Frosty Nanny to wean reluct toddlers off their dummies - as they bring them near their mouths a scary mask pops up. :ph34r: Oooh, think I might be on to something here, any idea how I get my new toddler scarer patented? :D

Who is this 'super frosty nanny' when she's at home then? Surely not the lovely Jo 'well-blow-me-down-if-despite-all-the-assertions-that-this-kid-wasn't-managable-she's-only-gone-and-blummin-well-managed-it' Frost? :whistle:

I seem to remember her patented method for weaning kids off of dummies involved a little hessian 'dummy fairy' bag and accompanying fairytale. The kid, having invested in the story, donated their dummy to the dummy fairy in much the same way as they donated teef to the toof fairy, and when they realised at bedtime that the dummy was magically gone and a fifty pee there instead it was a bit too late for them to do anything about it! Works a treat :thumbs:

One of my nieces used to suck this awful 'topper' thing. It was like a wee bokkle that you gave them medicine or gripe water in, and when in situ it looked like she was sucking a lightbulb. The neighbours backing onto our house kept a few chickens, and we managed to convince her that one of the chickens had a sick baby chick that needed a 'very small bottle' because she couldn't feed herself naturally. After some gentle persuasion she chucked her topper to the chooks and that was the end of that. (Well, we did get a visit from the RSPCA after a rooster choked to death on it, but she was only two and a half so they couldn't really prosecute ;) )

Ben never had a dummy, but if he had I would have said forget the chickens and let him go cold turkey :devil: Either that, or just keep dippping it in washing up liquid until either the taste put him off or he started farting bubbles and getting distracted by them. It's all good!

L&P

BD :D

Who is this 'super frosty nanny' when she's at home then? Surely not the lovely Jo 'well-blow-me-down-if-despite-all-the-assertions-that-this-kid-wasn't-managable-she's-only-gone-and-blummin-well-managed-it' Frost? :whistle:

I seem to remember her patented method for weaning kids off of dummies involved a little hessian 'dummy fairy' bag and accompanying fairytale. The kid, having invested in the story, donated their dummy to the dummy fairy in much the same way as they donated teef to the toof fairy, and when they realised at bedtime that the dummy was magically gone and a fifty pee there instead it was a bit too late for them to do anything about it! Works a treat :thumbs:

One of my nieces used to suck this awful 'topper' thing. It was like a wee bokkle that you gave them medicine or gripe water in, and when in situ it looked like she was sucking a lightbulb. The neighbours backing onto our house kept a few chickens, and we managed to convince her that one of the chickens had a sick baby chick that needed a 'very small bottle' because she couldn't feed herself naturally. After some gentle persuasion she chucked her topper to the chooks and that was the end of that. (Well, we did get a visit from the RSPCA after a rooster choked to death on it, but she was only two and a half so they couldn't really prosecute ;) )

Ben never had a dummy, but if he had I would have said forget the chickens and let him go cold turkey :devil: Either that, or just keep dippping it in washing up liquid until either the taste put him off or he started farting bubbles and getting distracted by them. It's all good!

L&P

BD :D

brilliant :notworthy::thumbs:

Apparently, during a long car journey to our holiday destination, I pulled out my dummy and proclaimed 'don't want this dirty thing no more'. On hearing this, my Mum snatched it off me and flung it out the car window as we were whizzing down the motorway (being the late 60's, we did whizz on motorways in those days). Of course, I quickly changed my mind and wanted it back and wailed for the rest of the journey. So I'm told!

~ Mel ~

All I had was a square of old sheet and my first two fingers to suck :tearful:

My 4 all had a muslin 'clothie' and their thumb! ;)

Bid :D