Sign in to follow this  
KezT

VOTING DAY

Zb9tJ.png

Make your vote count, vote YES :party:

go on then, someone explain to the technoidiot why my picture isn't showing up? It works on other forums :unsure:

Make your vote count, vote YES :party:

Absolutely :thumbs: It's a shame that everyone's predicting a really low turn out especially in London where there are no council elections. :shame:

The image works if you have it as a url, but don't know how to post as an image - is image posting disabled on this site? - very good though!! :clap: :clap:

Absolutely :thumbs: It's a shame that everyone's predicting a really low turn out especially in London where there are no council elections. :shame:

The image works if you have it as a url, but don't know how to post as an image - is image posting disabled on this site? - very good though!! :clap: :clap:

There's always a low turn out for local elections. :angry: I'm hoping the low turnout will help the YES vote - those who can't be bothered are more likely to be the ones that don't want change :pray:

Hi Kez,

Image posting is disabled on the forum. You have to copy and paste the url, then it works. All fixed now.

In the interests of balance, do we need a "No" poster as well? :lol:

I always do vote but I haven't a clue what I think about all of this. Can I vote "Don't know" as my first preference, "yes" as my second and "no" as my third?? :D

K x

The longstanding joke about the 'don't knows' getting in will no longer be a joke...

Mind you, if they have to explain it using 'do you want to drink beer or be stuck with coffee?' slogans, then I guess we've reached that crossroads anyway! :lol:

The longstanding joke about the 'don't knows' getting in will no longer be a joke...

Mind you, if they have to explain it using 'do you want to drink beer or be stuck with coffee?' slogans, then I guess we've reached that crossroads anyway! :lol:

I quite like the poster, but the reason I'm going to vote YESis because I vote ever single election and every single time, I may as well just draw a big dildo on my ballot [paper for the notice they take of what I have to say :angry: Unless you live inone of the few marginal constituencies, AND vote for one of those parties, it's prety pointless voting under FPTP.

At least under AV I can vote for who I actually think will do the best job, rather than having to vote against who I think will do the worst one, which is what we have to do under FPTP

see this flowchart for how AV/FPTP works

Hi Kez,

Image posting is disabled on the forum. You have to copy and paste the url, then it works. All fixed now.

In the interests of balance, do we need a "No" poster as well? :lol:

I always do vote but I haven't a clue what I think about all of this. Can I vote "Don't know" as my first preference, "yes" as my second and "no" as my third?? :D

K x

you only get to state your prefrences in order under AV, so you have to vote YES today in order to dothe above in future :lol::lol:

Interesting, if a little late, publication of the main NO capaign funders here = seems to have an AWFUL lot of peers, tory's and hedge fund managers on it. I'd be tempted to vote YES just to annoy them ;) Of course, the YES campaig was funded too, although by a much wider range of people and a lot more charities/organisations

I quite like the poster, but the reason I'm going to vote YESis because I vote ever single election and every single time, I may as well just draw a big dildo on my ballot see this flowchart for how AV/FPTP works

Well what are you complaining about, then? The big dildos did get in last time - just like you wanted! :whistle::whistle:

TBH I find the whole thing about this (holds up finger and thumb with a teeny-tiny millimetre gap between them) interesting, and haven't really got a problem with A/V other than that it dilutes even further the whole idea of parties having different agendas - they're all out grubbing for individual votes and making comfy, popular, never-to-be-enacted promises and then doing exactly the opposite when they do get in and it's too ********* late for anyone to do anything about it. Who knows, maybe A/V will lead to the emergence of a new political force that actually is prepared to stand up for society's disempowered and vulnerable and do something to actually narrow the divide between rich and poor...'Oh brave new world...' We can only hope, eh, but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime! My other worry is that the 'alternative' vote could very well see some very nasty radicals becoming empowered, purely because the traditional two-party race means staunch supporters of either of the big two would rather name ANYONE than the traditional opposition as their second choice. :sick::ph34r:

Anyhoo as someone much less highbrow than Shakespeare once said - Politics, schmolitics, they're all a bunch of jerks... :lol:

L&P

BD

I have voted no to AV because I think it is too complicated and people will not understand how to vote. In some of the exit polls in countries that use AV, many people were unable to remember how they voted. There are many parties and I think people choose a favourite and maybe a second best too, but would probably just allocate the remaining numbers randomly, so counting anything beyond second choice would be pointless.

I would support electoral reform, but I don't think AV is the answer.

I have voted no to AV because I think it is too complicated and people will not understand how to vote. In some of the exit polls in countries that use AV, many people were unable to remember how they voted. There are many parties and I think people choose a favourite and maybe a second best too, but would probably just allocate the remaining numbers randomly, so counting anything beyond second choice would be pointless.

Those are the arguments the No campaign people are using. It was them telling me repeatedly that I wouldn't understand, that made me vote yes. It's really not complicated at all. As to randomly allocating numbers, there is no obligation under AV to use up all your choices. You can just vote 1 and 2 if you want, you do not have to include those parties you do not want to vote for at all.

I would support electoral reform, but I don't think AV is the answer.

I think even the unwashed masess are mostly able to count to four! If you ask the least educated idiot on the street which are his four favourite football teams in order, he'd manage that, why not do the same with political parties?

Plus, you don't HAVE to put 4 choices, you can just give one!

It is sad when some people think that "others" are too stupid to understand something that they can grasp quite simply :shame:

I voted yes today. Main reason I voted yes is because the voting system does need to change and this might be the only time we get a chance, even if AV is still not quite there and a bit complicated to grasp :hypno: I get it enough to make a choice.

Kathryn, that's fantastic. :clap: :clap: :lol: If only that was used for party political broadcasts, they might get more interest!