Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

my dad REALLY POORLY!

two weeks last sat. dad felt unwell like virus /flu but over the weeks it getting worse not better he got high temp (39-40 C)breaks out in sweating then freezing shaking where body temp struggling adjust to right temp for his body he can't keep limb still he restless he looks so gaunt his face he lost bout stone in weight maybe more than that he ain't eating hardly anything soup but only had that 2 days he is drinking me and my mum making sure he still having fluids as doc says needs to keep fluid intake up as he ain't eating.

he weak no energy tired all time light hurts his eyes wearing sunglasses all time shutting curtains he breathless hasn't even got energy to speak even walking an effort and shuffles like an old man would considering he 58 years old and healthy before this happened it medical mystery even both doctors he been to see are baffled by his symptoms he presenting he got lke raspy voice even though hasn't got sore throat and nothing blocking airway as doctors checked or fluid on lung as doctors can't hear anything on his chest as we suspected pneumonia as alot symptoms fit with what my dad experiencing and describing to us how he feels physically and also suspected meningitis but he ain't got a rash on his skin anywhere we keep looking /checking him over.

my dad says he'd even be willing to be admitted to hosp. if need be as he can't stand not knowing what's going on with him he feels so bad as for my dad to say that must be bad!. doc told him yestoday that he had to go for blood tests range of bloods first thing this morning and x ray so just want to hear results back from that suppose it sit back and wait game driving everyone crazy mad just want to know as feel so helpless useless seeing him like this! so damn hard!

my dad was still working up to few days ago like this but doc said that he unable and not fit to work the way he is at the moment he too poorly unwell my dad just worried about money situation as he scared bout managing struggling to cope as my dad only gets statory sick pay which isn't hardly anything live on buy foods pay bills council tax water rates etc with my twin brother at college and me only working part time and earring £6.36 an hour month but if parents need help i would do my best to sort it for them! feel so bad guilty can't help more!

so puzzling so worrying my mum stressed out my mum has stopped smoking for nearly a week and found out today has gone back to having a few fags and my mum had a flare up of her mild COPD the doc reckoned due to fields and chemicals etc couldn't pin point exactly what

but what worries scares me if she don't STOP for good and keeps going back to this strong addicition leading her astray she end up dying early like my nan did and frightens me so much my mum knows this too she says her way off dealing with stress worry and that she 'enjoys' smoking but can see it ending wrong again and i CAN'T go through COPD nightmare again i just CAN'T struggling with my nan's 'going away' i understand the hard aspect of addicition how strong it can get you but i can't let it take my mum too! what do i do!

i wrote her notes saying that i love her and how proud i am of her for trying she seen my nan on oxygen due to COPD she saw daily battles my nan had as she was her main carer how took hold for 3 years robbed my nan of everything i mean everything freedom independence pride dignity the works it's destroy to watch replay again she heading down same start as my nan did my nan didn't do anything left it too late my mum has a chance but every time she starts up again the opportunity gets less she knows even says she knows she end up like my nan if she doesn't give up she wearing patches feels like running out of options

feels so worried so stressed everything just out of my control spinning round! ahhhh..... need to scream let it out going mad what a week! so low in myself this week been feeling suicidal and self harm urges and depressed but maybe just mixture of this week events and good old female month!

XKLX

my dad also coughing up muck off his chest but docs insistent they can't hear anything on his chest! my mum also rang NHS direct on sunday she that worried they ones thought meningtis they gave some tips/advice he on antibiotics so he going to finish course soon that docs given him he up alot in the night. he keeps going wee alot and also his urine test come back normal even though his urine keep changing colour .... so many symptoms! really concerned for him!

XKX

Oh Smiley this is such a worry for you :(

Just a thought - and they may have tested for this already - but my Dad had lots of the symptoms you mentioned, and it turned out to be kidney stones. This was completely missed by more than one GP and it was only when he went to hospital with a nosebleed that wouldn't stop that they discovered the stones :wallbash: He's fine now.

I hope your Dad recovers soon >:D<<'>

Edited by NickyB

doc rang up today he spoke to my mum my dad has baseline virus in his blood and also a lung infection too he on antibiotics which started taking today mum had pick them up right away from docs but hosp. not happy with x-ray taken up hosp. yestoday want to investigate look into further so he got to have C.T scan and my mum explained how getting worse everyday so doc. coming out to the house tomorrow to check him over ....

XKLX

I'm sorry to hear you dad is ill.

You must be really worried, but it sounds like he is getting the best care to get him well again. I hope he's better soon.

he gets up from sofa goes loo comes back he breathless can't speak and get flashbacks reminds me how my nan was all just another waiting game hopefully not too long though fingers crossed to have C.T scan then for results come back of that triggers me back when my nan was ill he even trying to catch his breathe like she used to so brings back 'everything' i'm trying to sort through deal cope with pyschologist. i have pyschologist tomorrow have alot update on dad's health! always something in my family health wise! feel like i'm always whinging about something hope not boring annoying sorry if i am though!

XKX

Try not to worry about your dad too much. It sounds as though the doctor is keeping an eye on him.

K x