Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

rapid fast quick mood/emotions switch /changes!?

does anyone experience fast rapid emotions/mood changes one min i'm buzzing sky high next minute im crashing so low and fast switch over like someone flicked a switch on and off but never feel equal in the middle balanced feel like seesaw one end or the other?! does anyone know what's going on with my head it everywhere? scary thoughts feelings circling feels like going crazy mad? what happening? i'm hooked on my self image as this seems feed into my low mood too but also linked connected to grief reaction

XKX

Are you able to identify triggers for a change in mood?

I tend to find I my mood changes, sometimes drastically depending on the contnet, throughout statements made by third parties whether relating to me or not. Other triggers I've noticed are when people break unwritten rules, always put your rubbish in the bucket etc.

Identifying your triggers is probably a good idea. If there's one thing I've observed it's that when things are good, they're exceedingly great, when they're bad they're catastrphic

Unrelated: I've read two of your threads this evening and the signatures were "XKLX" and "XKX" respectively, which is correct? Sorry in advance if this seems like nit picking, just curious and new to the forum so I don't have any older points of reference.

Hey smiley, I have experience with this, and how you describe BDD in your other post too though I've never been diagnosed with it. I felt like there were no triggers and when people said figure out what they are, it made me really mad cuz I thought there was none, but there were... one thought would lead to another and then a million more, I could have several lines of thought running along each other at the same time and it was very disruptive. Triggers were: thoughts, feelings, outside stimuli, lack of achievement, not being able to control everything and everyone in the world (and a million more stupid things that set it off). I don't get the cycling thoughts anymore (think partly due to meds and partly to a course of CBT a few years ago) though if I stop the meds it comes back. I identified the thoughts that were vicious as sort of belonging to what other's had said to me and then I took it like a hundred steps further to complete self-punishment, my head never used to stop, i was scared I was schizophrenic for a while because it felt like voices because the thoughts were so loud. At the time my mood was all over the place (meds keep it quite low now) but if your head is doing what your saying in your posts, it wouldn't be a shock that your mood will be effected by this. Don't know if any of this helps or not but I guess all of us can take comfort sometimes to knowing we're not alone in every way :)