Sign in to follow this  
Sugarpop

secondary transfer from mainstream to indepenedent school

My daughter (in year 4) will be transfered in a few years into secondary but as you probably know I have to go visit secondary schools to find out for myself which one would be best suited ...

Found few but this one stands out ...

Situation at present is : my daughter is attending mainstream primary and she is academic(currently 3B)altough newer results of the test to come.

Her daily reports from the school(her TA) say behaviourwise very good and achieving ...

My question is : Will LEA continue to provide support for her if she was to transfer to indepenedent school ? ( **** Primary School in Reading). Another option is to transfer her earlier e.g. next year or year 6 altough dont see major advantage by doing so ....

Would welcome answers espec. from people who experienced similar or just have knowledge about this ...

many thanks & kind regards to you all

Thanks for taking time and reading this :-))

Edited by Kathryn
delete name of school

My daughter (in year 4) will be transfered in a few years into secondary but as you probably know I have to go visit secondary schools to find out for myself which one would be best suited ...

Found few but this one stands out ...

Situation at present is : my daughter is attending mainstream primary and she is academic(currently 3B)altough newer results of the test to come.

Her daily reports from the school(her TA) say behaviourwise very good and achieving ...

My question is : Will LEA continue to provide support for her if she was to transfer to indepenedent school ? ( Hemdean House Primary School in Reading). Another option is to transfer her earlier e.g. next year or year 6 altough dont see major advantage by doing so ....

Would welcome answers espec. from people who experienced similar or just have knowledge about this ...

many thanks & kind regards to you all

Thanks for taking time and reading this :-))

I certainly know of people who pay for an independent school and the LA pay for the one to one help or are you after them paying for the fees and the help?

Fundamentally, you would need to show that only this school could meet her needs, if you wanted them to pay for the school too.

If you are just after them paying for the one to one help and it is clear that she needs this (professional reports) then, it is possible.