Sign in to follow this  
newbie101

anyone go to the Scholing Aspergers support group

Hello,

I live in Southampton and the nearest NAS Asbergers support group is in the Scholing school, Scholing, Southampton, does anyone on this forum go to it? Actually are Asbergers support groups generally helpful, I am planning to go to this support group in October 2011

I don't live down that way so No. But the bit where you said "Actually are Aspergers support groups generally helpful" made me think. It made me think whether I would actually go to a support group and what support would I actually want? Of course, one would expect a degree of variation between different groups and it would be interesting to hear of anyones experience of "their" group whether it's in Scholing or elsewhere.

Wasn't it Groucho Marx who said "I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member?"

I have not been to a support group, but I went to a social group that meets in a pub once a month. I really liked meeting with others with Asperger's and I think I could eventually make some friends there. I am definitely going to go regularly.

If you are female, you may find yourself the only female in the group. This was the case for me and I did not find it a problem at all.

I have not been to a support group, but I went to a social group that meets in a pub once a month. I really liked meeting with others with Asperger's and I think I could eventually make some friends there. I am definitely going to go regularly.

I would certainly be interested in going to a support, or even social, group. It is comforting to hear other Aspie views on this forum and it would be interesting (I think!) to meet some likeminded persons. Persons that "understand" what it means to have Aspergers, to understand what it feels like, if you know what I mean?