aspergerss

hello again

I have conducted experiments where I observe a person coming into an area with a few people including myself in that person can stare at anyone but they choose me, I have conducted that experiment a lot and sometiems that person doesn't stare at anyone at all but if they do stare at someone the majority of the times its at me

I have conducted experiments where I observe a person coming into an area with a few people including myself in that person can stare at anyone but they choose me, I have conducted that experiment a lot and sometiems that person doesn't stare at anyone at all but if they do stare at someone the majority of the times its at me

adn if no one new enters people already in the area stare at me for some unknown reason sometimes

Tht'll be because you are staring at them I expect :rolleyes:

If someone stares at you, turn your face in their direction but look just to the side of them. This makes them uncomfortable and you'll see from the corner of your eye when they turn away. It always works.

That'll be because you are staring at them I expect :rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: After all, you can't know someone's staring at you unless you're staring at them (and possibly making them feel as uncomfortable as you do).

:clap: :clap: After all, you can't know someone's staring at you unless you're staring at them (and possibly making them feel as uncomfortable as you do).

I also used to do these little experiments and these guys are right, if you are staring at them, then they will stare at you.

Out of curiosity - how many seconds would it be for a look to be different to a stare?

You don't even have to stare for people to know you are looking at them. If you just glance at someone, quite often they'll look straight back at you. It's how quickly you look away that counts then they'll look away too and get on with whatever they were doing. If people are completely unaware of their environment and the people within it then they are putting themselves in danger.

Hi

I think that sometimes if one is specifically looking for something, then they're more likely to find or concur with their expectations or what it is their looking for in the first place. Perhaps a clumsy analogy, but I was watching a programme yesterday about a group of B&B owners (think it was called 3 in a bed). One couple owned a tutor B&B thaat was lovely – one couple couldn't fault it, another did – only because they were on a mission looking for faults (the object of the 'game' meant that some were more likely to look for faults and nit pick). I'm not wishing to be critical of your experiment, but if you're observing other people and they notice, they're more likely to stare at you. I'm not sure that your 'findings' are accurate.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

Hi

I think that sometimes if one is specifically looking for something, then they're more likely to find or concur with their expectations or what it is their looking for in the first place. Perhaps a clumsy analogy, but I was watching a programme yesterday about a group of B&B owners (think it was called 3 in a bed). One couple owned a tutor B&B thaat was lovely – one couple couldn't fault it, another did – only because they were on a mission looking for faults (the object of the 'game' meant that some were more likely to look for faults and nit pick). I'm not wishing to be critical of your experiment, but if you're observing other people and they notice, they're more likely to stare at you. I'm not sure that your 'findings' are accurate.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

And that is exactly why I stopped doing little experiments that can produce a negative effect.

Try this instead - when I was going through a "good phase" a few years ago I had a friend I went and stayed with in London. He was pretty well off at the time and arranged a tour of London for me in the back seat of the latest Mercedes at the time. I loved it. I felt like royalty.

While I was in this car I decided to do a little experiment, it was summer and very sunny and warm, so I rolled the window down and leaned out of it slightly and tried to see how many people I could get to meet my eyes and then smile back - you know what? Most people did. Some even waved. Some even said hello when we were sitting in traffic. I had a short conversation with a biker at some traffic lights and a "race" and conversation with a cyclist who kept on over-taking us (he kept teasing about him being quicker on the bike and waving and pulling faces).

Sometimes people do what you want them to do.

you really really need to seek professional help about your paranoia issues. your other posts about getting people back for staring at you quite frankly scared me. speaking as someone who has a lot of problems in those areas - you are going to convince yourself it's you everytime. so please get some help before you get yourself into serious trouble.