Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

today exam

tonight, i had taken an ECDL Exam for the module email and internet.

i were stressed all day about it, and i failed. i got 72 percent but 75 percent were the pass level so i failed.

i were in class with about 9 people, the inviligator no one i knew and the atmosphere were stressful. wish i had exam in tutors class now. i had flashback of a car when i were in examination and that meant that my whiplash were in pain again.

I cant stop thinking but i failed, and failure! will i even ever pass. my life seems so useless without the qualifications i need. how am i to get a job that i am good at without all this hoo hay in place.

i just wrote a letter to my tutor, as always but i wrote

that im not happy with the result, also said i werent happy that i were around unknown people and in the room the environment didnt feel good.

i also wrote that i had a flashback of the coach accident during the exam when my eyes shut i saw the image and then my neck hurt.

Edited by Special_talent123

To get extenuating circumstances you may need to put it in writing or fill a form from admin, but I suppose it depends on the way that the college works. Given the extent of the trauma, flashbacks etc I would say that you probably have a good case for extenuating circumstances.

its at adult learning. my tutor is understanding, she has helped me alot cos she knows my weakness and she is helping me, and i felt like i were improving. im not good with letters someone from admin will have to help me they did when i got LSF and application form for adult learning course

Sounds like they are really helpful for you. I hope it all works out. Please don't give up, you weren't that far from the cut off point so chances are that you might the second time around :D

Yes i feel im treated with respect at adult learning than college. college treat me differently and i get shouted at . college and adult learning know i have autism and LD. adult learning tutor is giving me the right support for me to progress, where college its different dont feel im progressing and the tutor dont treat me with respect

tutor said i can retake my course, but i have to pay to retake it at £12.00 :(

I have an managing software and applications exam next week, we will be doing a diagnostic, and then study for IT Security, then another exam 1 or 2 weeks after, and then another exam to retake on last week

Edited by Special_talent123

Has anyone done an assessment of need for the kind of support you may need in exam conditions?

I don't know if it is possible for an IT course, but would a reader/writer be helpful to you so that someone told you the question and wrote down your answer?

I don't know how much they can adapt the environment, maybe other parents could give you their experience. But maybe you could take the exam on your own with no-one else in the room, and maybe it could be requested that the invigilator is someone you are familiar with?

Very frustrating to have just missed the pass mark.

Sally a reader were suggested, but me and my tutor agreed that a reader wouldn't be appropriate, because i can read but my understanding of what it means is the problem; and there not allowed to say to me what it means. wont be able to have a writer any way, one i can write 2 there online exams on a enlight site.

with having my own room, she said if i want a reader i can have my own room with the tutor in, otherwise i have to take it in class.

the invigilator will be my tutor, and she agreed with me im best doing exams in class with people i know, rather than in environment that i dont know the people.

I have extra time, everyone gets 45 minutes but i get 1 hour if that is still the case. But i dont know what to do if i flashback from the accident.