Sign in to follow this  
Nezzza

New Boy

Hello.

I'm not sure whether I'm in the right place but I'm treating it with an open mind.

I've always suspected there was something amiss with my psychological development and i've thought it was aspergers. I'm here to see if anyone can help me.

Thanks. :)

Hi love we're all very friendly here welcome.x

Welcome and I hope you can find help here.

Thanks everyone

I think I'd best give you a brief precis of my life,

I'm 33 years old 6 feet 4 inches tall and weigh 19 stones.

I have had mental health problems all my life and a physical disability to boot. I was so badly bullied at school I considered suicide.

I've never had close friends or anyone to turn to... and as for women...forget it.

Hello.

I'm not sure whether I'm in the right place but I'm treating it with an open mind.

I've always suspected there was something amiss with my psychological development and i've thought it was aspergers. I'm here to see if anyone can help me.

Thanks. :)

Hi, Welcome we all feel the same when trying to find out why we feelt he way we do or our children as well......great place to be to get info and support.......my yougest son who is 12 is awaiting dx son i think he has aspergers same as his elder brothers ............lindy

Hi Nezza,

Welcome, I'm only new myself here, four years older and one foot shorter than you :D

Fully sympathise with any suicidal feelings you've had. Something I've had as well since my mid teens, although mine tends to get triggered by my frustration with dealing with day to day things, which builds up sometimes.

Once I decided to investigate the likelihood of having Asperger's further, I read up as much as I could - including this forum's archives - and found out about other traits I hadn't known about, but that applied to me, which further confirmed to me that it might affect me.

Worth chatting to a helpline too, it's good to discuss it with someone in the know anonymously, and if there's a helpline local to you they can also advise you of services in your area.

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone. With me the frustration is triggered by loneliness and family problems. There is the feeling I am banging my head against the proverbial brick wall with everyone. I have a job at the moment. It's only 2 hours a week but its there.

I've had therapy for 10 month or so. But that was for depression and anxiety.

There are days when I don't want to get out of bed.