Candyfloss

Why do YOU THINK people never reply to emails or texts or whatever

depends what you say to 'em first of all...

and if they work...

but most people I know can take anything from a minute (with texts) all the way up to a week (with email) to reply - depending on circumstances and mood...

It depends on who they are and what you have sent them a message about,

is it a close friend

just someone you know

do they have a busy stressful life (probably most people on here do)

But I totally understand your frustration and upset when people don't reply to your messages, esp when u think of them as a friend.

I understand how fustrated you are although i dont get attached o a majority very easily i do over attach to a minority and when that happens some may mistake it for obsession although is not , i'm just eager. When people i get attached to don reply i get anxious,fustrated,hesitant and feel hey are pushing me o one side and dont know me. Although i dont think in literal terms i definatly interpret texts litrally as to be specific about the message they are trying to get across.

I have a habit to reply instantly otherwise i feel fustrated with myself unless i have something constructive to say and need to plan it for structure in which case i wait.

People dont reply straight away for many reasons: they might feel crowded or they might just want you to text them more, they might be busy or they might just be plain ignorant.

If they dont reply at all try sending them another text and then if they do it again confront them in a nice manner by text and ask if everything is ok or not and if not then they are probally going through a hard time but if they are ok and still no texting back maybe there just not as interested in you in which case its best to try and not text them as much and safe yourself the heartache.

Take care

Bear in mind as well that there are no guarantees with SMS messages. It's a fire and forget system where messages can (and regularly do) take a long time to come through. Even when you request a read receipt it only guarantees that the SMS has got from one network to another, not to the end user. I'm working with my laddie at the minute on using an IM solution of some kind so he can express himself better. Many IMs like skype and msn can now be installed on phones as well. Would that be worth a shot?

Depends on who it is.

It may be that they prioritise who they respond to first and never get to you. I'm guilty of this one.

May be they feel no reason to respond. Try asking a direct question that needs an answer. If you message is in the form of a statement then is a response needed?

And It could always be that they are not interested.

I don't do texting.

As far as emails are concerned, unless it is something important then a response, if needed is sent when I have time, like days time.