Sign in to follow this  
matzoball

What makes you laugh?

Sorry, matzoball!

A serious answer - at the mo I think my favourite 'stand up' is probably Sean Lock. I think his '15 storeys' is a brilliant sit com, too, (well, brilliant but flawed, but then i think those two things often go hand in glove)

The current 'crop' of comedians I've got to say mostly leave me cold - the likes of Jack Whitehall, that c0ck-eyed fella from the west country, the young scottish bloke etc. On the plus side, there seem to be some genuinely funny women coming through - Sarah Millican makes me laugh and so (sometimes) does Shapi Korsandi (?) David Mitchell in ranting mode is always well worth a watch, and though I think he's awful at stand-up and his sit-coms cr@p Lee Mack is quite a funny foil for him on 'Would i lie to you'. I also really like Kirsten Schall (flight of the conchords), but more because she's just 'naturally' funny than for the odd bits of comedy I've seen her do on TV (i.e. the Fringe coverage) which is 'odd' in a different way!

Anyhoo, as i was the first to offer a flippant answer i thought i'd be first with a proper one too!

L&P

BD

Edited by baddad

I don't usually find stand-up comedians funny at all.

I do love Blackadder though! I also like Have I Got News For You and Outnumbered.

Katt Williams,Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor,Stir Crazy and Trading places,love 'em!!! >:D<<'>

BD being serious... :ph34r:

It happens twice a year... something to do with tides and the phase of the moon and the piece of shrapnel embedded in my left kiddly... Doesn't last long, though...

:D

Bill Hicks is always a winner with me :)

Curb Your Enthusiasm is fantastic as well :)

It might sound bizarre, but something that always cracks me up is when I go into my bedroom and go to pet my cat - he always grunts in annoyance which makes me laugh my butt off!!

Oh, the funniest thing ever was when my cat was rolling over and over on the foot stool and she fell off and landed in the bin and it took her ages to get herself out again and I was completely powerless to help! She was very cross with me for laughing at her.

Another funny cat story was when my cat was leaning into the bin because he wanted the fish bones my mum had just thrown in there. None of us saw it happen, but we just heard the bin flap go and a faint miaowing coming from inside the bin.

Other things I find funny are Simon's Cat.

loose women on ITV of lunch time makes me chuckle! so funny! lol i like comedy shows such as to name a few probably more but here's the main ones- keeping up appearances ,only fools and horses,some mothers do have 'em ( frank spencer)

XKLX