Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Very positive annual review

Hi all

Just a quick update. I went for Sam's first annual review today, as some may know he has been attending an ASD unit for about 5 mths now (4mths before summer) having been out of school for 6 months as I did'nt want to just settle for the nearest ASD unit. Anyway he has been doing so well and is a much happier child. Its not just the unit its the entire school and that was why I did'nt send him to the other option. His review was just so positive just needs to work on social skills a bit more, he has virtually no angry outbursts when he does it does not involve hitting anyone just gets angry with himself.

He wrote a few words/comments for the review which was brilliant his handwritting is remarkable to consider he could barely write his own name last year !! He is not as good at home but I have been taking a back seat with his behaviour whilst I was at uni, recently he smashed our relatively new telly with the remote :o but now I am on a break I am working with the school on re-inforcing strategies they use in school :thumbs: I will be going every so often to report back or try new things if we need to.

So overall I am a very happy mummy :dance: Thank you everyone for all your support :clap:>:D<<'>

Edited by justine1

That's great news! Thanks for sharing and do please keep us up to date with how your DS is doing.