Sign in to follow this  
glyno

every daya battle

hi im new to this group and i just hate that everyday with j is a battle from going to school to going to bed,j is 11 yrs old always new he was different but j was j he never slept from the day he was born at 18 months was given melatonin wich gave him really bad night frights only took them for a few days,i can cope with j being j but hate that every day is a battle he hates so much from bathing and hygeine to school .he only does limited hrs just started secondary and they r brill with him but i know every morning will b the same his anxiety is off the scale sum days i manage to get him there others theres no chance on top oif the asd he as severe psoriasis and arthritis life seems to get harder more than easier just came down to hav a smoke i hav to stay in j room every night till hes asleep because of his nightmares breaks my heart but what can i do

Hi there everyday creates a new problem but you just have to keep your chin up and keep going.. My son M 14 okay in the house with me school creates serious problems - anxiety goes through the roof can't go to various classes because they don't feel right - not a week goes by were I am not on the phone constantly with school or picking him up early. Doc put him on lustral which is helping keep him a bit calmer takes a bit of the anxiety away - he also has ocd and skin picking / hair pulling tendencies.. He was able to go back to football this year :thumbs: which he had been out of for over a year so you think little steps of progress but then alas a step back - can't do this or that too frighten :crying: - then plays up and becomes aggressive.. and sometimes I look at him and think hes a lovley boy why isn't he just like my sisters boys? But he is who he is and we just have to help them along the way and make life as easy as we can because inside their minds they are probably fighting an ongoing battle feeling like this everyday must be so tiring.. you just have to do what you can to make it easier! and try to keep smiling along the way :D

Hiya Glyno, I too am new here and can sympathize.

I have a 10 year old whose anxiety levels are through the roof. He is able to tell me what it feels like. He says he wakes up stressing, he then stresses because he thinks we are stressing.... if he doesn't stress, he worries that he isn't stressing and so it goes on.

Life's a ######, it's bad enough that our children struggle but with the added pressure of additional medical conditions, makes things so unfair..

Does your child have active support and assistance at school and is he in mainstream or specialized school

Good luck

Fudge xx