smiley1590

did anyone watch casualty last night?

did anyone watch casualty last night as see young adult female with her mum with ASC with MH issues too she was in assisted living and she hypersensitive to bright colours/light she liked hiding under blankets liked colour blue calmed her down soothed her? it was vicky binns out of corrie st (molly dobbs) - tyrone's wife what did everyone think to way she and the programme put across ASC? did they do us justice? did they act it 'right' 'correctly'? your opinions please!

XKLX

I haven't met many other people with ASD, so i don't think i am qualified to comment on the accuracy of her portrayal (she looks like she's a very talented actress though), but from the exchange at the end between Dr. Hannah and Dr. Keogh at the end of the episode, next week I wouldn't be surprised if it transpires that Dr. Keogh has an ASD.

They've been hinting for weeks that Dr Keogh has ASD. He's extremely rude so it wouldn't be a terribly good stereotype if he does have ASD. He does seem to be aware that he is rude, so I don't think he does have ASD, I think he's just unpleasant.

the whole point about ASD is that it is a hidden disability,which makes it impossible to tell if someone is or not,unless you know them personnelly. At work a couple of weeks ago a young lad of about 20 was unloading shopping on to the belt,and eventually a woman came up and said apologetically how are things,he does not mean to be rude,which i replied he wasn't and i had not noticed,and she said,some people are just so judegemental about people,so i said i know mine has ASD and he says what he thinks,no matter how insensitive he might seem, and she said the her lad,had, had a head injury from a terrible car crash an needs lifetime support.And he can appear rude,when he does not mean to or help it. The next point is,that unless people go around with labels attached to their foreheads,no one knows why or what they do .

This characters ASD wasn't hidden as she mentioned the results of an assessment during the episode.

I didn't like the mother as she at 1st was doing nothing to reassure her daughter especially over the

hypersensitivity issues her daughter was experiencing.

I noticed her ASD straight off but then again i know what to look for. As for the Dr admitting he's

rude he might recognise he accidentally offends people without realising it. ASD folk can seem rude

without realising or may realise but not know the more acceptable way of saying something at the time.

What happened to the character Yukki? i have missed some episodes recently so dont know if Yukki

had his Aspergers recognised before he left the series.

I was watching this with my wife it was a bit aquared as she doesn't recognise my consultant psycs diagnoises, Its good there starting to highlit these issues.

I was watching this with my wife it was a bit aquared as she doesn't recognise my consultant psycs diagnoses, Its good there starting to highlight these issues.

It's the 1st time ive noticed sensory stuff being highlighted and related to autism.