Sign in to follow this  
shas

I am new to

Hi

I am new to this and not sure what I want from it.

I am 52 and have a 26 year old, who has aspergers, he has been diagnosed for 2 years and had livd with us as a recluse. He now with the help of a support worker, lives independantly and lives on ESA (support group) DLA and direct payments.

When I went with him to be disagnosed by CLASS cambridge, it was indicated that that I could also have aspergers and have known all my life there is something differant about me. I have now decided to be diagnosed and have been referred by my GP to Class, I am excited and cannot wait.

It is hard to start to say how I am affected other than there feels nothing about me that is not aspergers. I am married to a lovely man who suffers from depression, have 2 other children and 4 grandchildren, one grandchild is showing signs of aspergers.

I am nearly always in a knotted up state with my feelings about my differences, and find it extremely tiring to be a neural norm person, I do not have friends and only go out with a sister inlaw occasionally on a friday. I work from home Mon to Thur for a charity.

Welcome to the forum shas. :)

I hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment, and hope the diagnostic process goes smoothly: keep us updated. It's a big step to take at this stage in your life, but I hope it brings you some answers and some relief.

K x

Welcome to the forum :)

I was diagnosed at CLASS too, when I was 41.

Bid :)

Thank you for your reply

When my son had his assessment, he completed a sent form first, then had a face to face meeting with a psycologist with me present, and she just asked lots of questions. Was the same for you, i have no family around from my childhood to say how i was, will this make a differnce

Thank you for your reply

When my son had his assessment, he completed a sent form first, then had a face to face meeting with a psycologist with me present, and she just asked lots of questions. Was the same for you, i have no family around from my childhood to say how i was, will this make a differnce

My mum had paperwork to fill in about my childhood and development that was sent in with my questionnaires, and then she also attended my clinic appointment.

Bid :)