Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

I've won my whiplash case

I have since June been suffering with whiplash its gradually getting better but not quite there. I were in a coach accident in June and the insurance company that hired the operator out to the national express were liable for the accident. I spoke to them on the phone today and they said from 1 or 2 weeks i get a phone call to say how much they are quoting me of money for thats good news. I want a memory foam mattress to help improve my whiplash better as these mattresses arent good for whiplash and everything there the main things i want. I want to put some aside for when i move out and some for decorating my bedroom.

A word of advice: always refuse the insurance company's first offer and hold out for an improved offer.

Edited by AdamJ

Hi special,yeah that sounds reasonable,I'm glad you won a memory foam isn't that expensive so you should have a good amount left,have fun!!

they quoted me 1, 500. Some people think i should try again, mum thinks i should take it, reason being need a medical report from doctors. Mum hinted me not to buy the mattress cos she went '' its something that goes on top of a mattress'' , its a memory foam topper.

they quoted me 1, 500. Some people think i should try again, mum thinks i should take it, reason being need a medical report from doctors. Mum hinted me not to buy the mattress cos she went '' its something that goes on top of a mattress'' , its a memory foam topper.

Hi

It depends on how bad the injury is of course. If you had whiplash you would have had that confirmed by a doctor so you will have medical evidence to back up what you saying. Also if you working or go to clubs/groups you could get them to write a statement saying how it affected you. This could help increase what you get. However if you have almost no evidence to support the claim then I agree you should take what you can. Have you got legal advice? Maybe you could still get some usually initial consultation is free and you may get furthur help with costs.

i did. apparently they need to send out a doctor to write a medical report if i decine the amount and want another amount more in depth report,not reports from gp as it brief and they had letters from adult learning.im real pain this week badly