AdamJ

CBBC Autism Documentary

CBBC are showing a Newsround Special documentary at 4.45pm today about Rosie who is 11 and is AS, and her brother who is 9 and is ASD. They've just interviewed Rosie on BBC Breakfast about it. She narrates the documentary herself. I think the idea is to introduce children generally to AS/ASD and give them a better understanding, which I think is very laudable and progressive of the BBC.

(I think I got the broadcast time right but do check it as I might have misheard).

CBBC are showing a Newsround Special documentary at 4.45pm today about Rosie who is 11 and is AS, and her brother who is 9 and is ASD. They've just interviewed Rosie on BBC Breakfast about it. She narrates the documentary herself. I think the idea is to introduce children generally to AS/ASD and give them a better understanding, which I think is very laudable and progressive of the BBC.

(I think I got the broadcast time right but do check it as I might have misheard).

Hi, I seen her on breakfast this morning....imight get my son to watch hes 12 just dx with aspergers i dont know if the programme starts at 5.00pm have to check....although the female presenter said 4.45pm bbc at its best ............lindy

I've checked the listings and it's on CBBC only, from 4.40pm to 5.00pm. It's a Newsround Special, NOT to be confused with the normal Newsround on BBC1.

Saw the program and it was excellent and informative.

New link (old one stopped working): http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/15655232

That think she said about thinking inanimate objects have a personality makes me feel better, when I was younger (much less prominanly now, almost non-existant) I thought objects had personalities. I didn't know it had anything to do with Aspergers, I thought I was just crazy! (I am just crazy :lol: )

If you can't get it on the BBC any more, it is on YouTube in its entirety - just google it. A good programme and sensitively done, I think.

Oops, just realised it is still on the BBC too, sorry!

Edited by Fledermaus