Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Young Disabled and in Control

I'm posting this on behalf of Special_talent123 who has been involved in this film.

The film aims to challenge stereotypes of disability and attitudes towards disabled young people. A powerful message: it's about 20 minutes long but well worth a look.

http://councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/getting-involved/young-disabled-and-in-control

Well done, Special_talent 123. :)

K x

we young ambassadors made this film to tackle the attitudes that us disabled young people face day to day and to increase the inclusion. We need to feel included in society and not excluded. We need to be excepted of who we are because we are a person and we want to show the positives to us and not just because we have a disability that's it we can't do anything.

My part in the film is me talking about the bank the attitude i had faced at a bank and also the section about rock choir what i am involved in.

We need your help and support, please sign the promise forms after you watched the film- it tells us what action you are going to take after the film. I pledged to spread the word around.

Next we will be going to parliament over this :) and then I will be supported to take it around to my LA (Local Authorities), which ive already sent the link around to a school, Children and Young Youth service, Nurse, and so on. Where ever the young ambassadors live will be spreading it around there local authorities too.

Please spread the word

Thank you!

Edited by Special_talent123

we young ambassadors made this film to tackle the attitudes that us disabled young people face day to day and to increase the inclusion. We need to feel included in society and not excluded. We need to be excepted of who we are because we are a person and we want to show the positives to us and not just because we have a disability that's it we can't do anything.

My part in the film is me talking about the bank the attitude i had faced at a bank and also the section about rock choir what i am involved in.

We need your help and support, please sign the promise forms after you watched the film- it tells us what action you are going to take after the film. I pledged to spread the word around.

Next we will be going to parliament over this :) and then I will be supported to take it around to my LA (Local Authorities), which ive already sent the link around to a school, Children and Young Youth service, Nurse, and so on. Where ever the young ambassadors live will be spreading it around there local authorities too.

Please spread the word

The film is great. Very positive and inspiring. You come across really well in it, Special-talent123

Thank you!