Tally

Hypothetically Speaking . . .

This is a purely hypothetical situation . . . :rolleyes:

Imagine you've recently moved house and agreed to pass on any mail addressed to the previous owner.

Now imagine you came home from work today and an important-looking latter addressed to him was on the doormat.

Now imagine that your dearly beloved kitty cat had been sick in various locations on your nice cream carpet . . . and also on the letter.

Should I take it round and apologise for the cat-vomit, shove it through his letter box and run away really quickly, or bin it and deny all knowledge? (After all, it is his responsibility to tell people he's moved, right?)

Hypothetically speaking of course, my cat would never do such a thing :o

Hypothetically speaking I'd admit it and apologise on behalf of the cat - only cuz you said it looks important - if it were trash mail I'd dump it ;)

Edited by darkshine

Naughty pootty-tat!! tut tut :shame:

You could give it to him as it is then you are not lying and likeyou say it is really his fault.

I did a home swap exactly a year ago and the lady claimed she changed her address,however I still receive mail for her. In august I went on holiday and a letter from her bank and for her childs immunisations came through the post,my partner was here at the time but he did not know her name etc and threw the post away.Thinking nothing of it he did not tell me.

2 weeks later her mum (who lives around the corner)came knocking asking for the post I said I had no post and she kept on at me as if I was lying. I got all fed up,I told my partner and then he told me that he threw it away. Part of me felt bad but I thought after 9months why should I be responsible. Even more so something as important as bank and immunisations!

Totally agree justine............DR ,S and banks should be the first peeps to notify if you move.Tally I would re-post with the new address and just put a note on the back saying sorry but your cat was sick on it.Its not your fault and I actually had a good chuckle about it :rolleyes: ....poor cat he could,nt help it lol xx

Hi all,

I assume that in reality people do not what to loose control over their correspondence. I wouldn’t definitely take any chances and firstly will negotiate with the current house owner about his/her cooperation about keeping and returning my mail. Secondly, mistakes have happened and some organisations aren’t very good at changing their records. So I have to be ready to accept liabilities and to be ready to negotiate with them too even if I did my best to notify everyone. :)

He has had his post redirected so it's only a few bits addressed to his daughter and the cat-sick letter addressed to both him and his partner that are still arriving. His daughter moved away a few years ago to Canada, so I guess she's just continued to use her dad's address for a few bits and pieces and forgot about it.

I think I'm going to drop them all through his letter box in the morning without saying anything about the cat sick.

I'd just wipe it off and stick them all through his letter box. Really what he should do is give you some bigger stamped envelopes so you can just forward it all!