Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

I do not understand, what the insurance company just replied to me

They replied to this email I sent them

Hi C, Reference- There isnt an option of the form to say if i can refuse the offer. I would like to ask you for a 2nd offer. I have got an appointment to see my GP next ' Tuesday', as I have just been sent home from adult learning early today due to my whiplash. I have been having headaches and backache and neck ache and its harder for me to move. It picks on me but for few weeks it has got worse although I am doing my normal day to day activities. I rung and a doctor rung me back saying its going on too long now so they going to see what they can do. Thank you.

Miss S

They replied with this email:

Hi Miss S,

C has copied me in on this on your email.

I note that you are still suffering from your injuries 5 months after the accident took place. You mention that you have approached a doctor - can you please confirm what they are doing for you or have recommended

for you?

We have three options open to us at the moment. We can arrange and fund a course of physiotherapy to see if this is beneficial or we can instruct one of our medical experts to prepare a report into your injuries and the medical expert would be able to make recommendations to us. We can also ensure we place the correct valuation on your claim. If you wish to settle the claim with us now then we can have a look at the offer made and see if we can improve upon it.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

I then replied :

Hi P, thank you for your email. I have been to see my GP yesterday, and has advised me that my posture is putting pressure onto my whiplash- so she given me some homework with help with my posture and also this stretching exercise where you have to put your hand on the wall bend the arm and turn body and stretch. not good at describing. so the 3 options is: Physio, Medical Report, or i don't understand the last one?

He then replied and still confused me further:

Hi Miss S,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. The last option is that we can make a revised financial offer to you if you were interested in settling the claim now.

Kind regards

so then i replied my last email

do you mean if i get physio then i can't get a quote offer? or do you mean sorry i have trouble understanding things.

the 3rd option how will u work out the quote offer on that?

Edited by Special_talent123

If you see their medical expert or accept their offer to pay for your physiotherapy, they cannot settle straight away as this will take time to sort out. You can still see a physiotherapist you've organised yourself.

"We have three options open to us at the moment. We can arrange and fund a course of physiotherapy to see if this is beneficial or we can instruct one of our medical experts to prepare a report into your injuries and the medical expert would be able to make recommendations to us. We can also ensure we place the correct valuation on your claim. If you wish to settle the claim with us now then we can have a look at the offer made and see if we can improve upon it."

1: they can arrange and pay for a course of physio - then they would wait and see what happens after that and then decide what to do next (eg: remake offer or pay for report).

2: they can arrange for you to see someone who will produce a report that will tell them about your whiplash problems and suggest possible therapies/prognosis. They can then decide what to do next (eg: pay for therapy, increase offer).

3: If you want to settle the claim now (ie: for them to pay you now), they can reconsider their offer and see if they can increase it (but then you will not be able to go back to them if things get worse).

1st or 2nd but will i still get compensation

My whiplash case was out of the ordinary as it caused me quite serious permanent injury, but they arranged physio for me, got full medical reports and then I eventually got compensation.

If you are still in substantial pain - I would recommend that you get some physio, either through your GP or through the insurance company. A medical report (#2) either on its own or with the physio will build a better picture for your compensation claim - and the other party's insurance will probably insist on one anyway.

No, only if they pay for something like physiotherapy - that would be part of your compensation and you would get less money.

Personally, I'd ask them for their second offer and settle for that. Then it would be over and you do not have to worry about it any more. You can just focus on recovering.

A medical report can be difficult because it's very difficult to prove to someone else that you feel pain.

If you need treatment, you should be able to get that on the NHS anyway. You should not need them to pay for it.