hi my name is tracy, i have a 14 year daughter adhd asd , she has been diagnosed , but not on paper, school has been informed, but have nothing in place to help her an when she rages, they exclude her ,this has been ongoin for a year , any ideas advice?

Hi Tracy....go back asap to whoever did the dx...get the dx official ie on paper.Make appt with senco and any other staff involved....take an advocate with you.Discuss what stratergies they have used ...iep?....is she on sen register?....also request someone from autism advisory goes into meeting aswell............soz quick answer in a rush

Hi welcome

It is clear the school are not coping,she should therefore be on school action plus by now. You therefore have the right to apply for a statutory assessment and hopefully get her a statement,which will give the school extra money to provide the support she needs. You do not need a formal diagnosis to start the process,as it is more about the fact school are not coping. When you apply they will contact the professional/s she has seen anyway so they can get confirmation this way.

One thing I would say is keep all the exclusion letters you have these really help when you apply.Also any other letters or dates of meetings you have had with the school. There is great info on sites such as IPSEA and ACE,also NAS.

she is action plus but never met senco

That is wrong. You should be meeting with the senco on a regular basis,when Sam was being excluded I would meetwith her once a week,usually a Monday. You should also be meeting with the senco when you do the IEP's which should be every 6 months.

Ask the headteacher who the senco is and make a meeting asap. I would then discuss applying for a statutory assessment if they not going to start the process do it yourself. Don't wait around as it does take time and given your childs age I would say you don't have much time as she will be finished school in a few years.