darkshine

AAAARGH CHANGE

Dear darkshine

Sorry for the shock I was under the impression the upgrade that I have just performed was a minor one to keep the forum software up to date and secure but having completed the upgrade it is obvious that this has a major look and feel change as well.

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear darkshine

Sorry for the shock I was under the impression the upgrade that I have just performed was a minor one to keep the forum software up to date and secure but having completed the upgrade it is obvious that this has a major look and feel change as well.

Kind regards

Lufty

That was a very nicely composed note Lufty - nice to meet you btw - I am trying to get over the shock - it kinda hits me with each click though - but I'm trying to see the funny side of my excessive reaction :wacko:

Best

Darkshine

PS - After only a couple of posts I am missing the double arrow button (I use on my keyboard to shift from post to reply - means the return button works instead of my rubbish mousepad)

You have to find 'em - in post bar click smiley, it opens a list at the bottom, then hit show all and they open in a new window - but then I'm annoying and know most of 'em anyway :lol:

Edited by darkshine

I am relieved to not have to sit here pressing f5 all the time though - instant posting and receiving is very appealing - and will probably save my f5 button from dying...

Its maybe cuz of my browser (google chrome) but the forum never refreshed the page on my computer, so time essentially stopped, no posts appeared, no messages, no notifications etc. until I pressed F5 (page refresh), then anything new that had been added would appear.

I don't need to press it now - so that's good! :D

f5 on my netbook is brightness of the screen

Its F4 for less bright and F5 for more bright on mine - but I have to press another key at the same time for it to work - has Fn (function?) written on it... :)

Felt like crying when I saw the change. Feel like it has happened too soon after they changed the BBC weather website.

L x

Oh dear :( that's not good - still finding good and bad points myself and as you can see from me starting this post, I pretty much freaked out to start with :P

Still not totally used to it though :unsure:

And I was wrong about F5 after all that (as in the pages don't auto-refresh - or if they do it takes forever) :rolleyes: never mind - I know where it is with my eyes shut now anyway....

I got my avatar back, but it doesn't move any more, it just looks like a sad face. I am going to have to find a new one now.

The new upgrade ate my avatar too. :(

How's everyone getting on with the new look forum now we've had it for a few days? I must say, it displays much better on my IPod than the old one did.

K x

That's a shame :( especially Tally's - I liked the screaming person - it made me smile every time I saw it, and it went with the signature at the bottom too - the cat is weird :lol:

Ignoring the alt issue - which is an annoying one - I've found an issue even more annoying - that is that the forum no longer signs me out when I close my web browser or when I turn my pc off - it used to sign out before and I've recently found out it doesn't.... Anyway.... just thought I'd mention that :)