Charlie C

what do autistic features mean?

This generally means you don't quite meet the criteria for a diagnosis of ASD, but acknowledges that you have some of the difficulties associated with autism.

It's probably best to go back to the person who diagnosed this to ask for clarification about exactly what it means.

I think it's safe to say you are on the autistic spectrum and have things in common with other autistic people. Remember that we are all different so you would never expect to be exactly like another autistic person anyway.

the dotor wrote on the form she sent to my gp mild learning disabilities with autistic features, BPD and ?ADHD.

?ADHD...... dose that mean they are questioning that too?

I'm not sure what that means, but I would guess it does mean they think ADHD is a possibility.

I think you should try and get an appointment with your GP or the doctor who assessed you to find out exactly what this all means for you. They should explain all the terminology they have used so that you understand what's going on.

I would seek a 2nd opinion as those on the spectrum can be misdiagnosed as having borderline personality disorder ie BPD.

I have seen two consultant psychiatrists from the community learning disability team and they must think the same thing BPD, last time I was sectioned was for hypomania so that doen't really fit in with BPD........ I disagree with the learning disabilities diagnosis only scored 67iq on the test so everytime I get sectioned I have to go to the learning disabilities hospital instead of mental health which is locked word.... didn't like it.

and the score saying with your IQ 67 says you have a learning disability which means you only fit in the LD team, which I know seems discriminating. But if your IQ is 70 and above then you dont fit the Learning disability team.

IQ can differ depending on the assessment being carried out. If you achieved that score on non-verbal assessments [as any assessments containing language are bound to be affected by an ASD], then the "learning disabilities" maybe accurate. My son had a very spiky profile when assessed, and the language based assessments, working and short term memory aspects of the test bought his score down to low average - whereas he was above average in other areas.

Remember that the "learning disabilities unit has to be structured for those with more severe learning disabilities. Could you talk to your GP about that and ask that IF the situation arises again that you are referred somewhere else?

"Features" strikes me as odd terminology to use. To my mind that means visible physical symptoms, and most of Asperger's doesn't fall into that category.