matzoball

Back To Work

Barring the flu and my sleep pattern switching, it's been a really chilled out and great christmas break! Now I am having to head back to work today - pretty much dreading it as it's going to be another period of adjustment but that's to be expected.

Before the holidays I was outsourced to an office on a contract - it was great as they were all really friendly and barring the reasonable adjustments, didn't treat me any differently which was amazing. I actually felt like one of the gang which doesn't happen often let me tell you!

Now I don't want to go back to my usual work.

Anyone else ever had this kind of problem?

I always dread going back to work after a break.

It's probably worse because you have been having some problems in work, and with the outsourcing before Christmas it's quite a long break from your usual job.

I hope things have been OK today.

Well, the day itself was okay. But then they whipped out a seating plan for the new open plan office and asked our input and answered or at least tried to answer our questions. But regardless - it's getting installed tomorrow. Or today rather today because i'ts half four in the morning as I write this. I said I would give it a college try but to be honest, I am freaking out. We're enclosed by baffle boards, but we are all going to be in each others business because we won't have a lot of privacy, there are other issues I am worried about(and have let them know) and on top of that we now have to adjust to yet another layout. That's 3 office layout changes in 6 months! The new supposedly interim boss(who is making some pretty big changes for being interim) says this will promote better communication and atmosphere - he says he's giving up his office too in order to sit in this new arrangement with us - but I haven't seen anything to indicate this on the new floor plan. The sales guy is getting to keep his office under the justification of the amount of calls he has to make being disruptive to our working environment which makes sense so no problems there - but I am at this point very wary of being able to count on anything in that office.

They've even said if it doesn't work out for some of us we have an option of working out of another office - but then that brings up the whole issue of isolation, and more disruption to routines.

I know that the original staff are trying to make this as smooth as they can and this is hopefully going to be a bump in the road on the way to it being a better working situation because of all the changes but I don't feel very hopeful at all about it right now.

Sorry about the venting.