Sign in to follow this  
Paula

18 Today

Cant beleive it my son is 18 today doesnt seam two minutes since they placed him in my arms........god i feel old im now the mother of two adult children...........his sisters 20.

Im so very proud of him and all hes achieved.When i look back and remember how things used to be.....a boy who hated leaving the house would down right refuse..........all the agro regarding the dreaded toilet issues.........the reason i first started posting on this site.......you wonder how you /he got through it all to reach this point.

Hes a lovely young adult...........capable of useing the bus alone,going into town alone and stop the press hes even got a girlfreind whom he meets once a week.though he isnsits there just freinds but the deodarant comes out and he brushes his teeth for these meet ups........

Im very proud of him and told him so and who knows what his future holds because its already held much more than we ever thought was going to be possible...............

not spoke before Paula

But just wanted to say love posts like this. My little one is 4 and I suppose we are in very early days from diagnosis. But its great to see how far your son has come and it makes me realise that all you can do is support where we can, and yes I worry for his future but who knows..

Love the fact the deodarant and toothbrush comes out! thats a sure sign of attraction! lol

LisaKaz

Well done to your son Paula, pleased things are looking better for you and your son.

Belated happy birthday to your son Paula! I well remember your posts when you first came here: he was about 13 I think? What a change hey! :)

Is he at college?

K x

No he never attended college when he left his special school.....itll be 2 years this June since he left school.Instead he did various schemes none of them academic..........one invovled gardening,erecting fences,felling trees,dry stone walling al sorts......he atained duke of edinburugh bronze,sucessfully passed health and saftey certificates,got a certificate for doing first aid in the workplace which he had to pass,manual handling stuff like that he realy enjoyed it out and about working with youth workers and a small group of other young lads,my son was the only one with a learning disability on the course He also attends a goup once a week doing stuff and were in the process of getting him refered to a organisation that just helps young folks who are on the autisitc spectrum.........hes happy and kept busy enough with stuff to do.......

We still have our issues.......he can still be a paine in the backside ,likes routines,stubborn as they come,refuses to step out of his comfort zone without a load of argy bargy and can spend days at a time if the mood takes him unwashed ,and in the dreaded dressing gown that appears at times to be glued to his body...........but thats me son what can you do but let it wash over you..............