Special_talent123

Moving to Bristol looks promising

I have been trying everything to get myself to move. Today i have been told social services dont need to be involved my end because i am capable of making my own decision, so they advised for bristol to contact and I am still waiting. if i get a place i will have to have a meeting for assessment.

wish me luck

there is a number of reasons but some of it i can not discuss on her other than saying I am not getting the support i need down here. and the others because I need a fresh start, support that i get on the phone will be more better as would be able to see them in person, then there is events and things to do when there is nothing to do down here and also i love bristol and want my independence and have some friends over there

Sounds like you have some good reasons then.

I don't know if this is useful to your situation or not, but have you ever been in touch with the centre for independent living.

They can give some really good advice about what support you can get and what your rights are. They can also help you with telephone advice.

no i dont know them. its up to bristol council if they will pay for me to be there, if its a yes then i need bristol social services assessment. but someone i talk to on the who supports me knows a organization called WECIL

i have to ring NAS community adviser if i get a place.

If only it were as easy to find a job in Bristol. I was gutted to learn that the city's BIG Green Week (9-17 June) will not feature a jobs fair after all, despite it having been originally mentioned in its advance publicity as recently as January.

http://biggreenweek.com

A spokesman for Sustainable Bristol told me the decision to drop it was made "largely due to the dates clashing with our local University [sic] partner's exams period". :(

i have good news, i have applied for the housing register thats a start, 2 places are writing a supporting letter to them and someone else is going to be ringing around places like my place they think it be good moving over there because she going to make sure all the support is there when get there than rather look for it, she ringing around places and telling a background about me to help with the eligibility side. Once its all done she wants me to join her groups and maybe even help her out