RainbowsButterflies

Has anyone heard from Mumble?

It's funny you should post that because the same thought has crossed my mind twice in the last 2 weeks, I missed her excellent responses that make me think or smile...

I've been wondering about Mumble too.

I know she often goes quiet when she has a lot of work to get done. I'm hoping that's the reason this time.

I hope we'll hear from Mumble soon!

She has been away before for long periods as Tally says. Lots of people disappear for a bit when "real life" takes over, hopefully she's OK..

Mumble if you're reading this do give us a virtual wave if you want to. :)

K x

Howdy folks :ph34r:

Long time no post. I see you've been doing some decorating whilst I've been away. Very nice. :) As Tally and Kathryn hypothesised, that thing called 'life' got in the way. Well that and attempting to get myself arrested in Bangkok... :police: :police: :oops:

Whistle stop tour of that thing they call 'life':

passed my PhD exam (don't worry, I won't make you call me Dr Mumble :D)

left uni and moved home due to lack of supported housing which is proving 'difficult' :tearful:

working on finding long-term employment in a very competitive market with 100+ at some interviews :unsure:

doing all sorts of odd bits of work to tide me over from making cardboard boxes to proof-reading - unfortunately there don't seem to be any part-time 'chocolate tester' jobs going at the moment :lol::eat1:

had my hair cut off (it transpires there's a difference between cm and inches and if the message gets communicated incorrectly you end up with a cold head... :curlers::oops:)

got the opportunity to travel to the other side of the world on a flight-only basis so worked really hard to scrape the cost together and just said 'yes' without thinking about all the what-ifs, coped amazingly well and gave myself loads of confidence and a bit of a travel-bug (as in wanting to travel, not an illness bug, although I got one of them too from my undercooked camel... :eat::sick: )

developed my wine-drinking skills :wine:

built a snowman

So yes, 'life' indeed got in the way and will probably continue to do for a while.

But I did find my true home whilst I was away:

P1040250.jpg

:D

Edited by Mumble

Wow, you HAVE been busy :o

Massive congratulations on completing your PhD :clap:

I'm sorry you've had to move back home. At least you have a roof over your head, but still, I hope you can find somewhere suitable soon.

Your holiday sounds great, where do you want to go next then?

Lovely to hear from you, especially with so much good news. Good luck with the job search!

Hi Mumble missed you.xx

"Passed my PhD" she casually says...

Welcome back Dr Mumble :clap::notworthy:

And you even found time to open your own restaurant as well. :D;)

K x