Pancakemaker

I'm back and my boys diagnosed!!!

Hey everyone,hi dark shine,bad dad,kathrynn,Sally 44 and special hope your all ok,I haven't been on 4 ages( and tally) Damien now 4 and half was diagnosed after a two yr wait with asd on Tuesday!very relieved,now taking steps to get him into a Dsp ,hope your all ok.xxxxxxxx

Hi and welcome back. :) Hope the diagnosis leads to the right kind of support for your son, good luck with the next stage.

K x

Hello,

Glad you got the diagnosis.

What's a Dsp???

Is he already at school, or starting next September?

If he's at school, how is he doing?

Hi everyone,special my little cupcake I've missed you to!!a DSP is a designated special provision unit,posh name for ASD unit in a mainstream school,Damien s in mainstream nursery,due to start reception in September,he's ok in there for the minute as he's only in there for 2and a half hours,so even tho he's in nappies in there they aren't really seeing the amount of help he's going to need ie.dinnertime etc.hes on school action plus but I want him statemented,senco doesn't want that so I've got to do it alone.my 15 yr old is also just been given his assessment date,march 1st,which is much quicker then I thought it would be,the day Damien was diagnosed they said it'd be six to nine months wait! How will they assess a high functioning 15 yr old? Does any one know?xxx

Welcome back :)

Glad you have a diagnosis for Damien, I hope you can get the right support.

It's probably best to make a separate post in the Education folder about your older son's assessment, as people who have been through similar are more likely to see it there. I hope it goes well though!

Thanks Tally and thank you special I just watched the thing you put up it was interesting.xxxx

Hey Darkshine yeah things are better,how's you? Xxx

I'm happy to hear that things are better right now :)

Things aren't great for me I'm afraid, but I'm being all positive and all that jazz so it's probably easier to believe it's all fine for me, then I know I'm doing a good job - a handy metaphor would be that I'm riding a wave and I'm gonna crash and get buried under the water if I'm not careful, but hey, I'm smiling and waving while I'm not drowning :lol:

That sounds ###### what's wrong?

Course it is speak 2u later bubz.xxx

Congratualtions on the diagnosis for one of your kids and good luck for the other. i was diagnosed age 16,they asked me questions including remembering some things connected and some not. Also asked about school and home behaviour to my gran.

Thanks Trek I was wondering.since I last posted my other son who's 20 has also been referred to Mental health to,as he may have aspergers.xxx

Anytime and good luck with your other sons diagnosis journey.