Sign in to follow this  
chris54

School.

In fact its been a pretty good start to secondary school. I had all the worries about how he was going to cope in secondary,(Mainstream). We're well on to the back straight and apart of a few stumbles in the first few weeks all is going well. At the end of last term he got a certificate for 100% attendance. Has just got his silver certificate for house point and is hoping to get a gold before the end of the year.

He was moved up from group 4 to group 2 for science and maths. (I think he is the (Maths) teachers pet. Not to mention the SENCO.)

For the first time realy, I (we) are totally relaxed while he is at school.

Hi Chris I am so pleased to hear your son is doing well at School you must be so happy. It must be nice to feel relaxed when he is at School, I never had that sadly (the feeling of being relaxed) as Glen had such a hard time at School. It is nice to hear so positive stories of children who are getting on well. Hope it continues Chris, do let us know please. :-)

Hi I rang Glen's care home to do see how Glen had settled back into school this week and was told he seemed fine, although he did have one incident whilst out shopping he started to hit himself on his head suddenly and staff were not sure why he did this. Sometimes Glen will hit himself 'out of the blue' with apparently not obvious triggers. Other than that though, he's been ok, smiling and giggling a lot which is great. He is much better there as the school is just a room off the care home with only a couple of other youngsters in the classroom nothing like what Glen had to endure in the past. He is definitely much better off. It is nice to know he is much more relaxed and less anxious than he used to be. :-)

Great news Chris and Jeanne. It is such a relief when they are settled and begin to be happy. It is knock on effect as when they happy at school they generally happy at home(not always but usually.) I know the feeling Sam is a different boy to what he was this time 2009/2010. He has shown just how clever he is academically and has proven to be quite popular. Like your son Chris he has achieved 100% attendence and he is always eager to get to school.

Great to hear your positive news about your son please update us on how he is doing.

and he is always eager to get to school.

I don't think I could got as far as saying that.

Edited by chris54