chris54

Doesn't time fly.

Its hard to believe that we are rapidly approaching the end of the school year.

This time last year we had all sorts of concerns about our son moving up to secondary school. Apart from a few hiccups, its been a good year, son has settled into the routine of secondary school. When they go back in June they are moving into the new school building which we have been watching being build over the last 9 months. It is right next door to the old building, most of which will then be demolished.

He along with a few others had a sneak preview last week, ahead of the whole form going to have a look around. He is realy looking forward to moving to the new building.

His hand writing continues to be a problem, but at least now he does a lot of his homework on his laptop (He a dab hand at cutting and pasting). When they were doing a geography projects on the computers at school he was able to show some of the other children (And the teacher) how to use power point. He has moved up to group 2 in science and maths. I think the only lesson he doesn't like is PE. But the PE teacher says he always tries.

Just thought I would post something positive in "Education" as it usually contains negative post.

Really pleased for you and your son [and family].

And although my son is having ongoing problems with OCD etc, his first year at his new school has been very positive too. The fact that he is even attending school at all is a move in the right direction.

The fact that he willingly goes to school each day and seems to enjoy the majority of it and the school teaching and therapy staff are working so well with him on a daily basis is just brilliant. And such an improvement from where we were last year.

The fact that he willingly goes to school each day and seems to enjoy the majority of it and the school teaching and therapy staff are working so well with him on a daily basis is just brilliant. And such an improvement from where we were last year.

Nice to hear your boy is enjoying his new school, it was a bit of a slog getting him there, (As i remember)

And it enables us as parents to relax a bit (When that are at school) and not be on tenterhooks all the time.