Sign in to follow this  
bid

Post 16 DLA...

Hi :)

Had a phone call this morning from the DLA...Auriel's Post 16 DLA application was successful! :dance: He's been awarded it until 2007.

BUT...despite the form having been filled in correctly, the 'system' overlooked the box I ticked to become his appointee, so no payments until we have been visited which will take a few weeks because they're so busy! :wallbash:

Sigh...still, I don't feel I can moan as I'm just so relieved to have got it again, and a breather of a couple of years before going through it all again! :lol:

Bid :wacko:

Hi Bid

Well done on the award.

When did you apply and why did they ring you rather than simply put it in writing?

We reapplied at the end of April for my son and havent heard, his current award runs out at the end of the month. I rang to ask how it was progressing and they refused to tell me.

It serves me right, the forms arrived in Feb but I just couldnt face filling them in. Ho hum you live and learn.

Loraine

Hi Bid,

Well done :dance:

I sent my forms off a while ago too. I also put on the form that I wanted to be the appointee. Haven't heard anything yet but no doubt will eventually.

Annie

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Loraine :)

Yes, we got the dreaded form way back at the end of January, I think :hypno:

I couldn't face doing them for ages, and then Auriel wanted to do it with me, so it took a long time as he could only face tackling a few questions at a time when he was home from school.

So I actually posted them last Monday (9 days ago), and they received them the following day. So they haven't done badly as his current award runs out this Saturday!

They phoned because they thought I hadn't put down his bank details...I had!...and they had his home address as his school...again, I had clearly put down our house as his home address!! :wallbash:

They wanted to know to which address to send his decision letter, and it just sort of slipped out that he's got it, at the same rates as before! :thumbs:

I wonder if the fact that he's gone to a residential special school helped them make a quick decision??

Good luck with your's :pray:

Bid :wacko:

But our last awards were both for 5 years...this time it's only for 2.

Edited by bid

Well done Bid, :clap: one more hassle over with for a couple of years at least. You could keep nagging them until they get the appointee stuff sorted out, if you have the energy. :wacko:

Don't worry about the visit though, ours was very quick and straightforward.

K