smileyK

going to turkey tomorrow - ovacik ,oludeniz

holiday tomorrow fly out tomorrow night at 9.15pm at east midlands airport we stay at my auntie and uncle in derby for few hours as only down road from airport so uncle drops there and looks after the car too! i have got travel cushion for my neck on plane! be away for 2 weeks swimming lovely food weather .... great! just what i need right now!

got to take back pair sandals i brought few weeks back as got wrong size instead of getting a 6 i got a size 9 i looked at them before packing luckily! so shoe zone have put pair different colour black instead of white as haven't got any left in my size in white! just my luck not! but glad i found wrong size before packed them in my suitcase as would been too late! :) Taking them back tomorrow morning! how easily can you get two sizes mixed up easy! Lol :P with me anyways!

i'll be lying on sunbed soon enjoying non stop heat! bonus! sitting by bar drinking and eating ice cream yum yum! bring it on! we arrive in turkey 3am in morning and takes us an hour to get to apartments where we stay we got private taxi to take us there! so much better than coach full of people wondering when get drop off normally last you so tired drained as long day travelling you just want get there!

XKLX

Is back from turkey got picked up from apartments at 1:00 am this morning our flight was 4:20 am and we arrived at airport at 6:33 am so been long tiring draining knackering day to say least all travelling added together :( back to reality tomorrow morning got work (9-12 pm) back again later afternoon do (4-6pm) got busy week with work got Wednesday off! Swam 30 lengths everyday out there walked with dad lot ! :) weather was boiling out there melting (45-50 C ) Brought sunshine home with us today where we are as heard about all rain we ve had as can work out with weeds lol that's next job planned! Got get back in exercise / work mode routine great fun not! Not looking forward waking up tomorrow! :(

This going sound odd ungrateful and strange thing to say really no I didn't enjoy myself don't know why just started medication before went away?!

My mum used to say something a lot...'Wherever you go, there you are' which sounds very strange but basically means 'It doesn't matter where you go, you'll always take your troubles with you'. You've been feeling really down on yourself lately and quite unhappy. Maybe some people can totaly switch off and a bit of sun and different scenery is all it takes to recharge their batteries but if you're depressed and unhappy it all can just be a bit of an anticlimax.

Let the medication get into your system and you might start to feel more positive and be more likely to get more out your next break.

:)

This going sound odd ungrateful and strange thing to say really no I didn't enjoy myself don't know why just started medication before went away?!

I did wonder because you never said, you said about it being hot, and about swimming and work... but not about whether it was good or bad...

It doesn't sound odd or ungrateful that you didn't enjoy yourself - and yes I think the meds can be a big reason behind that.

Thank you for telling us though - at least you don't have to have anyone else ask now :)

My mum used to say something a lot...'Wherever you go, there you are' which sounds very strange but basically means 'It doesn't matter where you go, you'll always take your troubles with you'. You've been feeling really down on yourself lately and quite unhappy. Maybe some people can totaly switch off and a bit of sun and different scenery is all it takes to recharge their batteries but if you're depressed and unhappy it all can just be a bit of an anticlimax.

Let the medication get into your system and you might start to feel more positive and be more likely to get more out your next break.

:)

I really like what your mum used to say - it's something I learnt when I was 18 and moved away hoping to run away from everything and it all just went right with me... but I like the way your mum said it - it's catchy.

Sometimes a change of scene can make us appreciate other things though :)

feel totally disappointed and let down by way i felt i get 'odd moments' here and there of 'fun' but didn't feel my head or heart was in it at all! which totally gutted and upset about as really wanted feel refreshed and recharged instead felt 'nothing of the sort' couldn't let my parents know this of course as they'd been upset and angry of why i felt this way! find hard to explain as i know should felt contented happy out there felt alone scared even in restaurant one night cried said wasn't hungry wanted to escape away from worries etc but didn't work :( finding it so hard understand why didn't connect with this holiday? was it my depression stopping me from it?

XKLX

did enjoy the healthy food out there all meals come with balance of rice salad which lovely and lots of exercise of walking and swimming to burn off the calories of ice creams naughty treats! lol

I think it's your depression smiley

But i also think that you know what holidays are supposed to be for - and because your holiday didn't match up to this knowledge of what holidays are for, you feel let down.

I would suggest that you say to yourself things like:

Well it was a change of scene.

The weather was better than this endless English rain.

And it's nice being home (because even though home has it's issues - it is a place you know and that has good points too)

Best

Darkshine

was scared even out there i'd put on weight even though i was doing exercise and eating healthily! felt panicky anxious! :( feel bad/guilty i didn't enjoy the hols and pretending i did!

You are too hard on yourself - you did your best!!

And yes pretending you had a good time isn't an easy thing to do - but this time it wasn't a bad thing to do and at least you can be honest on here to let out some of those feelings about it :)