Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

What happens when the Statement ends?

Does anyone know what happens once your young person reaches 19 and the Statement of special needs ends? I was told about this sometime ago but admittedly have forgotten. If anyone knows the answer I would very much appreciate of knowing, thank you.

I have someone coming to see me from Connexions on August 20th regarding sorting out an LDA for Glen so that is good news. I will let you know how the meeting goes.

Hi

My Ex-husband was diagnosed with AS as an adult, and was offered the chance to work on a "statement" with the psychologist who diagnosed him. I can't remember the exact name of it, but he could have had an input into it. He chose not to do it but the offer was there. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you mean, but wanted to mention it :)

Hi hollypoppy no a statement is what Glen has at the moment which ceases when the person becomes 19. A Learning Disability Assessment is the next stage after 19.

A.S. this is the full title of the service where I live: "Transitions Pathways Service Additional Needs Team" The guy that is coming round is a Personal Advisor.